Exercise? That's It?

Options
72lori
72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
An odd observation along the way to getting healthier:

For so long when I was heavier I would wake up in the morning, stiff, sore, felt like I worked out for hours, when indeed I DID NOT. I used to think I was way too young to feel that bad in the morning.

Now that I'm eating better and exercising I feel great in the morning.

Crazy, huh?

I even find that after taking a day off from exercise I feel a little achy the next morning. Who woulda thunk our bodies liked this exercise stuff so much?

Replies

• 72lori
    Options
    An odd observation along the way to getting healthier:

For so long when I was heavier I would wake up in the morning, stiff, sore, felt like I worked out for hours, when indeed I DID NOT. I used to think I was way too young to feel that bad in the morning.

Now that I'm eating better and exercising I feel great in the morning.

Crazy, huh?

I even find that after taking a day off from exercise I feel a little achy the next morning. Who woulda thunk our bodies liked this exercise stuff so much?
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I guess we're made to move!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good observation. I had really sore hamstrings last week. When I got to the gym I didnt think I could work out. A trainer put me on the treadmill, and said do 1 mile at 2.5 (felt like I was walking backwards, I was going so slow!)

But in that mile it worked out the pain and I felt great!!

:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ok, I've had a few of those sore workout days too I guess. Like after I first starting doing squats and lunges and I would wimper everytime I had to sit down on the toilet. But I would laugh as I was wimpering, cause I knew it was for my own good!
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Ok, I've had a few of those sore workout days too I guess. Like after I first starting doing squats and lunges and I would wimper everytime I had to sit down on the toilet. But I would laugh as I was wimpering, cause I knew it was for my own good!

:laugh: :laugh: i have done that whimpering too .... its one of those.... "oh no i have to pee again... i wonder how long i can hold it.....":laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    To me being sore once in awhile is the magic signal that I pushed my body toward a better me and that usually means I am practicing and learning discipline.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    where do i sign up for the no pain no gain club? :laugh:

my right calve is still very sore from a cramp, but today i went for 30 minutes walk around my neighborhood and played with my golden retriver puppy by dodging his attacks on my feet... feels great when you move around but the moment you try to sit down and get up again... oooh the pain!
  • 72lori
    Options
    where do i sign up for the no pain no gain club? :laugh:

my right calve is still very sore from a cramp, but today i went for 30 minutes walk around my neighborhood and played with my golden retriver puppy by dodging his attacks on my feet... feels great when you move around but the moment you try to sit down and get up again... oooh the pain!

I'm a Golden Retreiver lover. Mine is almost 6. The greatest dogs in the whole wide world! Enjoy your little puppy! Oh, he'll keep you moving too. They love to go for walks.
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    thanks! the little guy is just a little over 2 months old but boy am i surprised at the speed of their growth! He's no longer round and pudgy but long and lean and super hyper active! and the little bro sure loves chewing on shoes, thats where i got my work out, dodging his attack on my shoes. Well at least he learnt to sit! He only regards my dad as the alpha dog, he treats me like his toy. XD

I cant wait until his 3rd shot and bring him out for jogs, it'll be great to have a jogging companion. :)
  • 72lori
    Options
    thanks! the little guy is just a little over 2 months old but boy am i surprised at the speed of their growth! He's no longer round and pudgy but long and lean and super hyper active! and the little bro sure loves chewing on shoes, thats where i got my work out, dodging his attack on my shoes. Well at least he learnt to sit! He only regards my dad as the alpha dog, he treats me like his toy. XD

I cant wait until his 3rd shot and bring him out for jogs, it'll be great to have a jogging companion. :)
    They are loyal to the end and will go anywhere you go. I tell my kids the dog is my favorite.... of course I'm just kidding.... or not.....
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    tell you what I like in the morining :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Not sure I want to go there... but ok.
  • johnblake
    Options

what you don't like coffee
  • 72lori
    Options

Nope, not one little bit. Never have. Never will.
  • johnblake
    Options

Nope, not one little bit. Never have. Never will.

well I like a little in the morining
  • 72lori
    Options
    I like a little in the morning too... but my hubby's been gone since August...... :laugh:
  • johnblake
    Options
    I like a little in the morning too... but my hubby's been gone since August...... :laugh:

Is he on I.A.
  • 72lori
    Options

Is he on I.A.
    I.A.??? He's in Iraq.
  • johnblake
    Options

Is he on I.A.
    I.A.??? He's in Iraq.

sorry wrong lingo that's military talk

he's a lucky man to have you
  • 72lori
    Options
    Thanks, I can't keep up with all the military acronyms and dont' try. All I hear is wah wah wah wah wah. I'm lucky to have him too. He's a good guy and I'm proud of him.