January - 12 lbs down!

Options
I don't have pictures to share but I am down 12 lbs from Jan 1 to Jan 31. My first two weeks I just watched what I ate. The third and four week I tracked religiously. I'm addicted to the scan option on my phone app. It's ridiciously easy and fun for my OCD tendancies - LOL.

It's nice to see the work paying off. This is the first time I've healthily lost weight in over seven years. (Last time was when husband #1 up and left and I dropped 40 lbs in a three month time frame.) I can't wait to see where I stand a month from now! I'm definitely not expecting these same results next month but I'm ready to step it up a bit and add regular exercise to my plate.

Thanks to MFP for all the support! I hope I can pay it forward one day!

Replies

• Nursepkj
    Options
    I love the mfp app !
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    Well done, that is fantastic!

I also started on the 1 January, but as of Sunday had lost 8lbs, so not as well as you :)

How much more do you want to lose? I am hoping to lose another 3.5-4 stone by mid September (our wedding!), so aiming for half a stone a month up until then :)
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Total of 75 lbs so 63 more. UGH. LOL. I'm just going to look at the 12 lb victory right now!
  • lizzue
    lizzue Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey I have lost 12lbs this months too!! Soo Exciting! I had planned to lose 7lbs a months so I am surprised. Well done you! Just shows what a little bit of dedication does.

xxx
  • How on earth did you all manage to lose 12lbs?? Thats amazing would really appreciate any tips or advice huns x
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Just stood on the scales as its one calendar month, started on 31st dec, and lost 14lbs so far, pleased with a good start, just too keep it up for month 2, as there is no 31st feb will habe to be 1 march LOL
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome. I too understand the work every day it take to keep losing so good for you and best of luck continuing on your goal. I think you are very wise to enjoy the immediate goal now - we need those milestones to hang on to.

Cheers
  • stacyjbaker1010
    Options
    Water, water, water. Tracking, tracking, tracking. Also looking at foods before I eat them. Do I really want the three Hershey's Kisses or do I want an orange for virtually the same caloric intake.
    I also figured out my BMR and subtracted 500 cals to come up with 1463 cals. I'm going to re-evaluate that number today less the 12 lbs.
  • I just did my BMR and if I deducted 500 cals would leave me with 700......no way can I survive on that amount, am I doing something wrong here???x
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    congratulations !!!!! keep up the great work . i lost 12lbs this month too..its hard work and well worth it when you get to see that scale number go down!!!
  • AlliGM
    AlliGM Posts: 86
    Options
    That is fantastic! And 12 pounds is huge. You wouldn't think it was a small amount if you had GAINED it in one month. Great job and keep up the good work.
  • latech91
    latech91 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow...That is awesome..I am trying hard to get 8 pounds down....
  • failnomore
    Options
    Congratlations!!!! You must be sooo happy, I also started in January and I have lost 10lbs, so very happy aswell...this is the BEST way to lose weight that I have ever tried.

Keep up the great work and can't wait to see what we both lose in February :happy:
  • sammibob
    Options
    I dropped 12lbs this month too... but because I've got bout another 80lbs to shift, no-one's noticed yet. It's a bit disheartening, but just gonna plug on best as I can and look forward to when my nearest n dearest DO notice! :)
  • stacyjbaker1010
    Options
    I just did my BMR and if I deducted 500 cals would leave me with 700......no way can I survive on that amount, am I doing something wrong here???x

Go to this website:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/

Find out your BMR and then find out your caloric need based on your BMR. Then subtract the appropriate amount of calories for your weight loss.
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you rock lady!!!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    Options
    you rock lady!!!

Thanks SF! You've paved the way!
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a GREAT achievement!! Did you also exercise? If yes, what did you do?
    I have lost 1.2 pounds this month
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

OOPS...continued:

:sad: I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I am keeping my calories between 1200-1500 per day. I exercise about 3-5 days per week although I'm not killing myself but I've gone from almost no exercise to that.

This is my fourth month on MFP and I've lost a total of 7 pounds...really not good!!!!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    Options

OOPS...continued:

:sad: I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I am keeping my calories between 1200-1500 per day. I exercise about 3-5 days per week although I'm not killing myself but I've gone from almost no exercise to that.

This is my fourth month on MFP and I've lost a total of 7 pounds...really not good!!!!

I haven't exercised yet. I do eat three meals a day. Drink lots of water, plan my meals, track them before I eat them. It's my first month really on a plan. I was really regimented.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!