C25K Treadmill Help

Options
Lozze
Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
I started today (and OMG BEST THING EVER!) but I just wanted to know if there's a walk/run speed you should be running at? I did my walk at 5.3km and running at 7.0-7.3km/ Thanks!

Replies

• Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Not sure - I think it is really up to you...

I started my walks at 5.5 - and went up to 6.5 and began my runs at 7.0 and worked up to 8.5 - 9.0 over the weeks....

Theoretically if you want to run 5k in 30 minutes you need to run at 10k/hr - I have not been able to do that - yet!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    That seems rather fast for the running, but whatever you're comfortable with. I did this outside and still haven't worked up to 5km in 35 min, I'm still just under. Good for you though!
  • Didiandeverytang
    Didiandeverytang Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm a fast walker to begin with, so I start at 5.5km as well for my warm up and then walk at 6.4km. During the C25K program I run at 9 to 9.5km, I know I should be slightly faster, but speed will come with time. I'm focusing on finishing the App first and then I will work on my speed.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    What is C25K program???
  • Didiandeverytang
    Didiandeverytang Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k app. It's the one I was telling you about that I started to get back into running again.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k app. It's the one I was telling you about that I started to get back into running again.

I am gonna look into that app...thanks