Finally got that last 20lbs off and feel great, new goals

Options
Hi everyone my name is Kristy. I spent 8 years in the marine corps about 10-20lbs overweight, was back and forth off of weight control even though I was pretty fit. Well this past summer on my birthday I decided it was time to make a change. Since then I have been getting up throughout the week around 5:30am and starting each and everyday with a workout at the gym or a run outside. I've incorporated spinning classes and boot camp classes at my local Ymca and have signed up for 4 half marathons and another marathon this year.

4 years ago I was 191 pounds and out of control and that is when I really started to run and get the weight off but I became comfortable around 175lbs.

I'm 5'10 1/2", so most people wouldn't think that my 172.4lb (starting weight) is heavy...but for those of you who are trying to get that last 10lbs off this story is for you. 7 months later I am currently at 153.8 and have been fluctuating between 151-155 for a month or so now. I am probably right around where I should be at but my ultimate goal is 145-150 so I'm only a few pounds away.

If you want to get those last few pounds off you have to get up and get moving first and foremost. Then fill your calorie allowances with fruits, vegetables, yogurt, proteins, whole grains, and even some "cheats" for snacks or sweets every once in awhile. No one should deprive themselves. I try to burn 500 calories a day 5-6 days a week and take 1 day off, and keep my calories around 1200-1400. When I am at my goal weight it will be right around 1500 to maintain.

Anyone can feel free to message me if you have any questions or add me as a friend on here. I look forward to hearing from all of you soon.