ONE MONTH UPDATE

Options
Ok, so I have been counting my calories and started exercising 2 weeks ago. I started out with walking on the treadmill at 2 mph and on Friday I was walking 3 mph. 35 minutes each time. I also found the stationary bike (the one that kind of leans back, not the older kind) and BOY is that a work out. I alternated between the 2. Starting Monday I will do 35 minutes of walking and the 15 minutes on the bike for a total of 50 minutes. SMALL STEPS BABY!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So the good news. I have lost a little over 11.5 lbs! (I weigh in kilos here on Bonaire, thats the only type of scale they have here).

I have also lost inches. 2 inches in my chest, 3 inches in my waist and 4 inches off my hips. How exciting!!!

Back to exercise...One thing that motivated me to become more active on the bike (it is really hard, so I really don't like it) is that after the 3rd time using the bike, I noticed the cellulite dimples on my thighs have almost disappeared...how cool is that!

I am hoping that my increased exercise will keep me losing at the same rate I did this month or more. I know that I will see a big difference in my body over the next month...I just know it!

I can definitely tell that my face is much thinner and I have a nice neckline now. Hubby says he can see a general difference all over. I don't, but my close are fitting a littler looser.

Oh well, one month down...more to go!!

Replies

• goldenreef
    Options
    Ok, so I have been counting my calories and started exercising 2 weeks ago. I started out with walking on the treadmill at 2 mph and on Friday I was walking 3 mph. 35 minutes each time. I also found the stationary bike (the one that kind of leans back, not the older kind) and BOY is that a work out. I alternated between the 2. Starting Monday I will do 35 minutes of walking and the 15 minutes on the bike for a total of 50 minutes. SMALL STEPS BABY!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

So the good news. I have lost a little over 11.5 lbs! (I weigh in kilos here on Bonaire, thats the only type of scale they have here).

I have also lost inches. 2 inches in my chest, 3 inches in my waist and 4 inches off my hips. How exciting!!!

Back to exercise...One thing that motivated me to become more active on the bike (it is really hard, so I really don't like it) is that after the 3rd time using the bike, I noticed the cellulite dimples on my thighs have almost disappeared...how cool is that!

I am hoping that my increased exercise will keep me losing at the same rate I did this month or more. I know that I will see a big difference in my body over the next month...I just know it!

I can definitely tell that my face is much thinner and I have a nice neckline now. Hubby says he can see a general difference all over. I don't, but my close are fitting a littler looser.

Oh well, one month down...more to go!!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Way to go, goldenreef!!!:flowerforyou: Keep it up!! As you get more into your exercise, you should consider adding strength training- it helps increase your muscle mass, which gives you more tone and is metabolically more active. Yes- weights are good for us girls!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats an awesome feeling:smile: Keep up the great work!
    ~Roni
  • goldenreef
    Options
    Way to go, goldenreef!!!:flowerforyou: Keep it up!! As you get more into your exercise, you should consider adding strength training- it helps increase your muscle mass, which gives you more tone and is metabolically more active. Yes- weights are good for us girls!!!!:bigsmile:

Thanks! I want to work in some stength training, but I have to wait a few weeks, had a right arm injury and my trainer wants to be sure it is completely healed. I do however work with 2 lb weights in the evening sometimes while watching tv.

Liz
  • goldenreef
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats an awesome feeling:smile: Keep up the great work!
    ~Roni

Roni,

It does feel good and keeps me movtivated, thanks! Liz
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Keep on keepin' on and you'll be there in no time!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!