Besides your body, what els are you self concious about?

Options

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My skin. I have terrible psoriasis over my chest and back, some on my wrists, ankles, toes, and sometimes on my face. It makes me feel incredibly ugly.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My pale white skin that tends to break out occasionally but when it does, it is pretty severe. Also, my nose.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My acne :-(

This.. no matter how good my body image is or how pretty I am, it is ruined by bad skin and Im almost 30 with no sign of it going away. curses.

I know how you guys feel. I also breakout pretty badly. I am not always breaking out, but when I do, it is pretty severe sized bumps that last weeks and are under my skin and even hurt! The marks that stay after are the worst part though. They last so long..ugh.

My boyfriend who used to have SEVERE acne got Acutane and he hasn't broken out since. That was when he was in High School. I wish it wasn't so dangerous or I would have done the treatment by now.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    PCOS side effects - losing hair on my head and growing hair on my face ..

DAMN you PCOS! :(

OMG, this^^^..and the fun acne that seems to be popping up! I can't fight wrinkles and acne at the same time, it isn't fair!

^^^ This. The excessive body hair and acne is annoying. I do everything I can to make sure others can't notice it. I am not losing hair at this point, but do have the other symptoms. :sad:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    my toe nails and sometimes my fingernails. Usually I try to trim them but if my toenails look any sort of icky I'll wear shoes or I'll try to take the nail off in the bathroom. Also ashy feet in the summer. If Im out and have no lotion I try to just wet them so they don't look dry.
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    my teeth!!

I had braces as a teen but I stopped wearing my retainer because it'd cause pain. My teeth sorta shifted a bit.. I always get complimented on my smile but my teeth need some fixing. (I just hate anything dentist related)

same here!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Dry skin....... my skin is so dry right now due to the weather - I think dry skin makes you look older.
    I am constantly moisturizing to avoid wrinkly old looking hands etc.
    Oooh this is another for me. I don't sweat much, but the opposing effect is that I have dry skin, so I HAVE to use lotion daily or I'll look like a lizard.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • drowninginatowel
    Options
    My nose :grumble: Its HUGE!!!!:laugh:
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    my dancing (unless i have had a lot to drink)!
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have psoriasis and have for a very long time. I have not worn shorts in over 10 years in public (I live in Florida) and this is why I work out at home. I am sincerely embarassed in the gym. But it's gotten better since I have lost weight, so maybe this summer after I get a bit of sun?
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Dry skin....... my skin is so dry right now due to the weather - I think dry skin makes you look older.
    I am constantly moisturizing to avoid wrinkly old looking hands etc.
    Oooh this is another for me. I don't sweat much, but the opposing effect is that I have dry skin, so I HAVE to use lotion daily or I'll look like a lizard.

IDEA Fitness member

Try rubbing your skin with vasaline (small amount) after you shower before you dry off. It has made my psoriasis better and should help dry skin for sure!
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Hell, I am perfect except for to much body fat!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    my hair, my teeth and my face without makeup... I feel naked without makeup and it feels wierd if I don't have makeup on it.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm self conscience of is my ears....they're a bit pointy.

My brother called me Spock when we were younger lol

To this day I do not wear my hair up except for when doing cardio at the gym.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm self conscious about random whiskers popping up! I used to laugh at my mother and aunt who said, "You won't be laughing when it happens to you!"

I get it now. I'm going to be 30 yrs old this year and sometimes they just come out of nowhere. Yeah, I know, it's sexy. :)
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have super duper long legs. I am only 5'5 and my inseam is 35''. So I can wear nothing tucked in without looking like a tard!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My eyebrows. They are very thick.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I have super duper long legs. I am only 5'5 and my inseam is 35''. So I can wear nothing tucked in without looking like a tard!

Same here.

I'm 5'8" with a 43" inseam. I look ridiculous with shirts tucked in.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    For me it's..............................nose and ear hair. Everyday (sometimes twice) I check to see if any are getting too long and trim it right away. I even keep trimming scissors in my vehicle just in case.

What's yours?

IDEA Fitness member

LMAO, I misread your post and thought you said NOSE HAIR... I should be more conscious of my literacy skills apparently.

I'm self-conscious of my speech (using the proper words, not sounding too idiotic) and fingernails. I bite them occasionally out of childhood habit but have grown them out when I want to.

Job requires me to type though, so long is not practical unfortunately.

~k
  • stephanielindsey
    Options
    The fact that I'm balding and my beard is 50% gray already, and I'm not even 32 yet. :sad:

Damn family genetics!

So I keep my head and beard clean shaven now, and I HATE shaving.

My boyfriend is exactly the same and I think he's hot!