Im confused :/

Options
The past month i have been up and down with my weight and during that time i actually managd to get to 13 stone and then during the weeks after i have shot up to 13 stone 8 lbs. Even though, my clothes fit looser than before and iv dropped two sizes in jeans and i am now 32 inches in waist. So why would my clothes fit looser if i weigh more?? anyone help me here?

Replies

• sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    The past month i have been up and down with my weight and during that time i actually managd to get to 13 stone and then during the weeks after i have shot up to 13 stone 8 lbs. Even though, my clothes fit looser than before and iv dropped two sizes in jeans and i am now 32 inches in waist. So why would my clothes fit looser if i weigh more?? anyone help me here?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Muscle is denser than fat.

If you're working out, you may have exchanged some fat % for muscle %.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    You could have toned up and gained some nice lean muscle.
    You have to look at it this way as long as you like what you see in the mirror the number is just a number.
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you doing weight training as well? I believe that lean muscle mass tends to weigh more...so that could be part of the reason. Here is a link that explains it better than I can :smile:

http://www.allspiritfitness.com/library/QandA/qa-inches-not-pounds.shtml
  • sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    yeah i suppose thanks (:

would anyone be able to help me on any quick calorie burning exercises? its just i never have much time on my hands with exams coming up ?
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi Confused

I find that if I only have a short time I head for the eliptical trainer. It tends to work up a sweat fast and if I'm really giving it on it I feel the workout more than the treadmill or bike.

Good luck on your exams
    BB