April Bride to Be!

Options
Hello! I have used MFP for the past month and am totally obsessed with it. Coming to realize I would like more community and support during this process. My whole life I have struggled with my weight. Before my senior year at NC State I had a "do-or-die" moment when I went to the doctor and weighed in at 214! My mind was absolutely blown. Shortly after I lost 30 pounds. I dropped 2-3 pant sizes and was pretty satisfied with my success but never reached my final goal. A year later when my fiance propsed in October I realized that it was time to get motivated and focused to lose weight again. Unfortunately, a heavy course load and added stress from my internship prevented me from dedicating time to a lifestyle change. I decided I would start my new journey the day after Christmas. Since then I have lost around 10 pounds. My dress fitting for the wedding is in Mid-March and I would like to lose another 15 pounds before that time. After the wedding I want to continue to push myself to be as healthy as I can be and we will see whether that means losing more weight.

I am hoping to find some friends on MFP with similar goals! Would love some more support and inspiration!

Replies

• Falling_star
    Falling_star Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me im getting married this aug.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'm getting married in October, taking engagement pictures in 3 weeks! I have my first dress fitting in April and want to have about 15 lbs gone by then. Congratulations!
  • mgero212
    Options
    I am not be a bride in May but I am my sisters maid of honor and want to look my best for her wedding since she is so fit so feel free to add me if you would like. Support is key to the journey of lossing weight and keeping it off.
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Wish you oodles of joy!
  • mjfrisbee
    Options
    I am getting married in June and am also looking to get to my goal weight (about 5-7 lbs to go) and am trying to tone my arms for my dress! It is the best motivation... be in touch through MFP as I will be looking for motivation and support throughout the next 4 months too!! (and after!)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You can do it. You have done it before and you will do it again. :) I have no doubt that you will reach your goal and be happy with your appearance by the time your wedding rolls around. You'll be a beautiful bride.

I hear you! I had a moment recently where I stepped on the scale and almost died with how high it was. This is just the push I need to get into my wedding dress though as I have never been more focused. I am really trying to eat right (hardest part for me), exercise regularly and I use MFP religiously.

Add me if you like! I am getting married in July.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am a June bride. I also started after Christmas and would like to feel good about the way I look on my wedding day. I sent a freind request. :bigsmile:
  • mad0811
    mad0811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You all should look into ViSalus, it is changing lives. Research for yourself www.megandavis1.bodybyvi.com and then email me (don't be shy!) with any questions, doubts, etc. and I can help you get on track.

fitnesschallenge@live.com

I TOO AM A BRIDE TO BE! Yay!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a May Bride to be! This has been a god send and I wouldn't ever have been able to lose weight had I not found this site. I weighed 197 on January 10th, and I now weigh 190. Not a huge loss, but every little bit helps meet the big goal. I hope to by 145 by June 1st. It seems pretty doable at this point in time. I have been engaged since Feb. 2009 and so when we finally decided to get serious and start planning our wedding I decided I was going to go try on dresses and try to find the dress of my dreams. Well, needless to say I tried on about 10 dresses and I found the dress I had dreamed of. I believe it is a size 16 and as or right now it doesn't have to be altered in any way. Which at that time I was so pleased. But now as I look at old pictures of myself, I realize that I am not happy with where my weight is at right now. I want to look as good as I can by my wedding day and I am hoping I succeed and feel confident and beautiful like every bride to be should. If you would like to, you feel free to add me. We can do this together. :) The more support, the better!