Well, that was underwhelming.

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
So, I've been waiting to see the 120's for...oh...a year or so. I had been at 130.4 since Nov., and magically at the beginning of the week I found 130.

I did long term zig zagging, because IMO, zig zagging for a day won't do any more than drastically over or undereating for a day--nothing, hormonally. It takes several days or weeks for hormone levels to change noticeably. So I ate maintenance for about a month, then -200, then -400 for two weeks each, just about.

Today I hit the 120's. I totally surpassed 129 and am at 128.8. I weighed 5 times in two different rooms. :noway:

And guess what? I don't feel different at all. I don't suppose I'll really be satisfied with my legs when I reach my goal weight of 125 either. ARGH. :explode: Okay, I do feel a little different in terms of my upper body, and a littttttle bit on the sides of my quads, but I really expected to jump for joy when I got into the 120's. Instead I was sort of bamboozled. Underwhelmed. :laugh: I'll have to chalk this up to unusually low glycogen levels rather than fat loss because I've been so active this week. I did measurements at the beginning of the week and everything was the same except my 'under butt' measurement LOL (where the saddlebags are).

*le sigh* :ohwell:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Options
    So, I've been waiting to see the 120's for...oh...a year or so. I had been at 130.4 since Nov., and magically at the beginning of the week I found 130.

I did long term zig zagging, because IMO, zig zagging for a day won't do any more than drastically over or undereating for a day--nothing, hormonally. It takes several days or weeks for hormone levels to change noticeably. So I ate maintenance for about a month, then -200, then -400 for two weeks each, just about.

Today I hit the 120's. I totally surpassed 129 and am at 128.8. I weighed 5 times in two different rooms. :noway:

And guess what? I don't feel different at all. I don't suppose I'll really be satisfied with my legs when I reach my goal weight of 125 either. ARGH. :explode: Okay, I do feel a little different in terms of my upper body, and a littttttle bit on the sides of my quads, but I really expected to jump for joy when I got into the 120's. Instead I was sort of bamboozled. Underwhelmed. :laugh: I'll have to chalk this up to unusually low glycogen levels rather than fat loss because I've been so active this week. I did measurements at the beginning of the week and everything was the same except my 'under butt' measurement LOL (where the saddlebags are).

*le sigh* :ohwell:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    SBS- you look great, girl!!! Even with us petite girls, a pound or 2 doesn't always look like much. You are so toned and muscular that it may take a long time to achieve your goal. I think you should celebrate the munber on the scale- it does mean something!!!:flowerforyou: As you are already incredibly knowledgeable, I can't offer you any advice except to keep it up!!!:smile:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I think you look terrific SBS!:flowerforyou: And your sooo close to your goal. You should be very proud of yourself!:drinker:
    P.S. I always get a ton of useful info from your posts:blushing: Thank you:smile:
    ~Roni
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I know it will take a long time. I guess I was just assuming that I'd *look* closer to my ideal bod by the time I hit the 120's. Maybe it's time for another picture session!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering yesterday if there is a woman out there.................anywhere..............that wakes up in the morning and says "I would not change a thing!"

I would like to meet her:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I say this cuz my friend pointed out I told her in the beginning I would be happy with size 10. Now I am in size 8, and can sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeze on some 6s and I am still not 'happy'

Maybe if we get satisfied, we will stop working so hard................and that aint good!!

Looking great SBS!!:drinker:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    @definitely! your muscle transformation, espec is amazing! also, thanks for your very informative posts. i love how you explain the actual science behind the nutrition. you must be getting great grades in school! :tongue:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I was just wondering yesterday if there is a woman out there.................anywhere..............that wakes up in the morning and says "I would not change a thing!"

I would like to meet her:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I say this cuz my friend pointed out I told her in the beginning I would be happy with size 10. Now I am in size 8, and can sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeze on some 6s and I am still not 'happy'

Maybe if we get satisfied, we will stop working so hard................and that aint good!!

Looking great SBS!!:drinker:

Exactly! My best guy friend and I were talking about that. We are both really happy with ourselves, but never 100% satisfied. It's part of what keeps us working hard in the gym every day, watching what we eat, staying focused. It's not totally bad if you give yourself constructive criticism. But you and I both know we look good! :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    @definitely! your muscle transformation, espec is amazing! also, thanks for your very informative posts. i love how you explain the actual science behind the nutrition. you must be getting great grades in school! :tongue:

Thank you! I'm glad you like my posts. I won't lie, my grades are pretty dang amazing. :laugh: I work hard though. I allllways have homework of some sort with me! :grumble:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    That is great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!