BMR/Calorie Help, Please...

Options
Hi!

So, after reading the brilliant posts on BMR and eating for your goal weight, I calculated mine. I used a couple different sites to do it to make sure I had the right number.

I then calculated it for my goal weight.

For both I factored in moderate activity to account for my daily bike rides. (I ride a stationary recumbent bike for about 40 - 45 minutes a day.)

I have to say that even using my goal weight BMR information, I'm eating way fewer calores (close to 1000)than the goal calories on most days. (If I use my current weight BMR information, I'm eating like 1300 - 1700 less.)

However, I am eating/drinking some of my exercise calories each day.

I really want to do this right. Should I eat calories for my goal weight and stop logging/eating exercise calories?

(Please note, I'm not a math wizard, so the more simple your suggestions are for the math, the better!)

Other stats - I'm at 193 lbs, I'm 5'7" and I'm 40 years old. My goal was to lose 2 lbs a week, so I'm to consume 1200 cals per day. I'm pescatarian and eat very little processed food, no fast food, no sugars. I do drink alcohol (which I know is sugar/empty cals) but I log those calories honestly...and I'm considering giving that up to see if it helps.

But even still, I feel like the weight should be falling off me...I've been at this since the 1st week in January and I've lost just 5 lbs. I totally know it takes time and I'm in it for the long haul, but ???

Thank you!

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Is this the wrong sub category to post BMR questions? I was thinking it belonged here because of nutrition... :embarassed: