Newbie from Pa looking for weight loss friends.

Options
Hi everyone.. I'm new to this site and board.. I am 5'3" and weight in at 210 pds.. I want to get down to 160 by August.. We are going to the beach for the first time in at least 10 years and taking my two kids who have never been there before.. I want to have to buy a new bathing suite before we go..in normal sizes..lol. That is short term goal.. however by the time i'm all said and done i would like to be between 125/135 which is right for my height.. I have tried lots of diets out there.. including ww, video's out the butt, and weight loss plans. and never stick with it.. mostly because i get tried of no resualts this time.. however i'm not giving up.. it may be hard for me (thyroid ) but i will reach my goal some day.. For my kids... I want to be able to play dance and run around with them again.. with out feeling like i'm going to die..Any advise you guys can give would be great...i can use all the support i can get.. My family is not on board with this.. My mom says i can't do it.. Hubby wants to join right along with me. he also wants to loss weight So i guess it's us against the world right now..
missy

Replies

• melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    You can do this and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Welcome to MFP...

I'm from Lancaster... feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.. I'm new to this site and board.. I am 5'3" and weight in at 210 pds.. I want to get down to 160 by August.. We are going to the beach for the first time in at least 10 years and taking my two kids who have never been there before.. I want to have to buy a new bathing suite before we go..in normal sizes..lol. That is short term goal.. however by the time i'm all said and done i would like to be between 125/135 which is right for my height.. I have tried lots of diets out there.. including ww, video's out the butt, and weight loss plans. and never stick with it.. mostly because i get tried of no resualts this time.. however i'm not giving up.. it may be hard for me (thyroid ) but i will reach my goal some day.. For my kids... I want to be able to play dance and run around with them again.. with out feeling like i'm going to die..Any advise you guys can give would be great...i can use all the support i can get.. My family is not on board with this.. My mom says i can't do it.. Hubby wants to join right along with me. he also wants to loss weight So i guess it's us against the world right now..
    missy

See post below. :blushing:
  • candifrost
    Options
    Welcome, Missy!! I had also tried a lot of different weight loss methods. In the past year, I have lost 32 lbs on the HCG diet. You take homeopathic drops, and have to stay on a strict diet for 6 weeks, but I believe it is the best way there is to lose pounds and inches. You see the results quickly, so it encourages you to stick with it. If you want to know more, email me at candifrost882@gmail.com and I'll send you more info. Candi:smile:
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    missy

Let's try this again, oops! I am sorry to hear your mom says you can't do it, but YES YOU CAN! ;) feel free to add me if you want, I am right under 5'2, but I am not in PA...however, I can lend support anytime!!
  • AutumnMariex3
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) We are close in weight loss goals! I am currently 203.8 and want to get down to 150ish.
  • candifrost
    Options
    PS You can lose more than that in a year! I only had to lose that much to get to my goal.
  • czechmate823
    czechmate823 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Missy, and good luck to you on this weight loss journey! I would love to be one of your MFP friends!
    Take care!
    Tracy
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    In the past year, I have lost 32 lbs on the HCG diet. You take homeopathic drops, and have to stay on a strict diet for 6 weeks, but I believe it is the best way there is to lose pounds and inches.
    This is an EXTREMELY unhealthy way to lose the weight.

Missy - please stick with MFP and the calorie goals they give you. If you are honest with your diary, I assure you - you can consistently lose weight and meet your goal. Good luck!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, I'm in SE PA. I am 5'3 and have about 50 lbs to lose.
  • sthrnspirit
    Options
    Welcome! Lots of friends here! Lots of us...including me, have tried the fads, the serious diet plans, etc but at the end of the day it comes down to watching your caloric intake and exercising. I have been here since the first of January and have lost 10 pounds. I had packed on 20 extra lbs over the last 16-18 months....I was feeling pretty frustrated.
    My daughter asked me to get on MFP with her as a support for each other. I did it and am feeling sooooooo good. I hit the treadmill or recumbent bike every night for 30 minutes, keep my log, drink water and read, read, read my friends' posts, recipes, motivational bits, etc.
    You and your husband are going to love being here!
    Tina

friend me if you would like to.:smile:
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to friend me. I'm 5'2" and from New Jersey :) good luck!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've found a great place to keep you on track. Feel free to add me, Good luck!
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Missy!! I had also tried a lot of different weight loss methods. In the past year, I have lost 32 lbs on the HCG diet. You take homeopathic drops, and have to stay on a strict diet for 6 weeks, but I believe it is the best way there is to lose pounds and inches. You see the results quickly, so it encourages you to stick with it. If you want to know more, email me at candifrost882@gmail.com and I'll send you more info. Candi:smile:

im sure in the long run that will mess with your hormones and ruin your body's natural ability to lose weight. thats what happens with all diet pills/drops/chemicals/medicines. its not worth it...

as someone who has lost 110 lbs eating right and exercising, screw anyone who tells you anything differently.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

[Not only are they unhealthy but they are a total scam]

And before you come back here preaching how they do work, first of all grats on messing up your metabolism for life. Secondly, see you back here in a year or months when you gain it all back.
    Finally, you must be mental if you think eating 500 calories a day is any kind of healthy. Gross.

OP like many others will suggest, please avoid anyone that suggests the HCG diet like they have the black plague.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site really can help. I started at 211 two years ago, and am now at 160. It is definitely possible. I have done this very slowly because I don't want to gain any of it back, and I have been successfull for two years. Don't let anyone discourage you. Just stick with the changes that you make and you will see results. But, the best advice i can give you..... Don't make any changes to your lifestyle that you can't live with forever. If you just "diet" you will feel deprived and being on a "diet for 8 or 9 months can be disheartening. Look at this as a lifestyle change. Cut out things that you can stand not eating every day, but don't deprive yourself. Save calories for a snack, continue to eat the things that you love, but in moderation. Log everything, stay at your calorie goal, and exercise and you will do it. Please friend me if you would like support!
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Oh and please don't buy into the HCG diet. It may help you lose weight fast, but it is really unhealthy, and you WILL gain the weight back.
  • timmomo
    timmomo Posts: 35
    Options
    Let your hubby know he's got at least ONE buddy waitin' on him here in Central Ohio.

--Timmomo
  • cameillev
    Options
    You can definitely do it! Will be glad to be friends!
    :drinker:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me im also 5ft3 started here at around 150lbs im now 139lbs trying to get to around 120lbs again (yes ive done this before then gained some back :( )