Vacation

Options
So I have heard of people who go on vacation and GAIN weight. I am going in 8 days and it's all inclusive obviously, so I will be eating alot and I am a dessert kind of girl so I know I will be pigging out on that stuff for sure. There's internet access but I don't think I will be going on everyday especially to log my calories. I'm really scared of all the work I've done to go down the drain!! How can I manage my calories and make sure I am not going over THAT much? There's a gym at the resort so I will definitely hit the gym a few times if not every day. I will be doing lots of activities as well so I will be keeping active. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh and of course If I won't be pigging out I will definitely be drinking alot of alcohol :blushing:

Replies

• paula123
    paula123 Posts: 91
    Options
    So I have heard of people who go on vacation and GAIN weight. I am going in 8 days and it's all inclusive obviously, so I will be eating alot and I am a dessert kind of girl so I know I will be pigging out on that stuff for sure. There's internet access but I don't think I will be going on everyday especially to log my calories. I'm really scared of all the work I've done to go down the drain!! How can I manage my calories and make sure I am not going over THAT much? There's a gym at the resort so I will definitely hit the gym a few times if not every day. I will be doing lots of activities as well so I will be keeping active. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh and of course If I won't be pigging out I will definitely be drinking alot of alcohol :blushing:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I hear ya, I will be going on vacation my self for for a week all inclusive in about 7 more weeks... I plan on using the gym also.. but for you to know walking around the hotel is excersice and swimming will also be excersice.. It is going to be okay to eat something nice and to alcohol.. With all the swimming and walking and going to the gym you will be just fine... I am sure...

Have fun I will be heading to Jamaica in 7 weeks...

Sheila
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise in 26 days, and I personally plan on eating and drinking whatever I want:drinker: . I know that's not everyone's choice, but that's what I've decided. When I get back, I'll hit the ground running (literally) and pick up where I left off. But, for those 7 days, I'm not holding back! I don't get to go that often, and I've had a couple of things happen in my life that made me realize how short life is :frown: and how you "never know," so I plan on living it up!

Just my perspective...:smile:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Have fun! I just got back from a work trip but it was to Miami and it felt more like a vacation lol. I watched my portions and tried to make healthy choices..luckilly people down there are interested in health so it was pretty easy. Not much greasy stuff at all. I came back and had lost a lb :) I need to measure because I feel like I lost more, my jeans have gotten looser in the thighs.

I also was a lot more active then normal I walked a ton. when I came back I was sooo hungry I actually think I was undereating for my expenditure.

Enjoy yourself and I am sure you can find healthy alternatives :)
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am going on a cruise in May, I am going to bring my hrm and my gym clothes, the gym is open 24 hours and i work out 5 am Mon-Fri. so i plan to do the same there.

Karen
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I go on a cruise in June, I can't wait. I am trying to drop as much weight as possible before I go. I'm going to enjoy my vacation but eat in moderation.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    We do an all-inclusive every year and we've done so many tours and stuff, I've lost weight. I gained about 3 lbs last year but that was also probably related to some frozen high calorie drinks, soda, etc. This year we're going to Curacao and our hotel has a gym and I will do the same I did in Aruba and drink lots of water.
  • JillDavisWright
    JillDavisWright Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just got back (on the 23rd) from a week at Disney. I decided not to count any calories that week. I decided that I would just try to be sensible. Well, when I got back and I weighed, I was so disappointed. I gained 3 pounds. I have now taken that off, but still. I did have a lot of alcoholic drinks and ate out a lot. I also had a lot of those frozen lemonades in the parks because it was so hot. It taught me a lesson. Next vacation, I will count calories.
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    My suggestion is to enjoy yourself. If possible watch what you eat for breakfast and lunch and try to make them healthy choices so at dinner and whatever you can indulge and enjoy yourself. I have been to an all inclusive and they always have amazing food. Just do the little things you have learned but enjoy yourself. :smile:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    This is great advice everyone. I am going to New York in two weeks and worried that all my hard work will go to waste especially since we all know New York has great tasting fatty foods. Obviously there will be a lot of walking and I really hope that the walking will help in the calorie department. My friend who is going with me is also losing weight and she said she will not be counting calories and because we will be walking a lot she doesn't care what she eats. Any advice?? I want to indulge but not over indulge.