exercise calories

Options
Is it a good thing to eat your exercise calories? I've heard some people say yes to keep metabolism up but others say no. I'm confused!

Replies

• jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    After reading many posts on here, it seems that some people do and some people don't. I think it really depends on your body. I read a post that a guy posted about finding out your BMI and your maintenence calories. Then figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight from there. I have found and heard many people on here say that MFP isn't always accurate with the calorie burn from exercise. I found that all the times I have lost weight in the past, I have only eaten 1200-1500 calories , this included me exercising 30 min a day at Curves and not eating back my calories. I tried last week to eat all my calories back from exercise. I was eating about 1900 calories a day and I gained 2 pounds. So based on my BMI and how many calories it would take me to maintain, I decided to eat 1500 calories a day and not eat back my exercise calories. I have even done Jenny Craig before and I don't recall eating back calories. I just ate 1500 calories when I was working out. The weight fell off. I also have a friend doing Weight Watchers and she doesn't eat back her exercise calories and her weight is falling off too. Hope this helps.