is it true?

Options
I have heard people say that the more you lose, the smaller you stomach becomes. I mean this in a way of that you don;t need to eat as much and smaller portions make you just as full ?

is there any truth to this?

Replies

• sean93
    sean93 Posts: 109
    Options
    I have heard people say that the more you lose, the smaller you stomach becomes. I mean this in a way of that you don;t need to eat as much and smaller portions make you just as full ?

is there any truth to this?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    your stomach can shrink and expand-

if you always eat alot it can stretch out- as you cut back your food intake it will get smaller

That is why gastro patients can become fat again because yeah there stomach has been cut to a small size but it can stretch right back out.

I don't know about losing weight and your actual stomach shrinks- Its the food that you consume that varies the size of your stomach
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    yes your stomach shrinks as it gets used to eating less... like when you eat too much and you feel overly stuffed, it means you're stretching it out... so it does the opposite when you eat less than you used to/usually do. it can take a while though, probably 2 weeks to a month, to shrink down enough to where you feel full easily. I'm almost 3 weeks in and my stomach is probably halfway between what it was and what it should be... at least that's the way it feels to me.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it actually doesn't shrink, but it does expand. Think of your stomach as a balloon. When it's empty it's empty, but it won't shrink. When you fill it it expands, actually it can expand quite a lot, but when that food is gone it goes back it's original size. When you get used to eating smaller portions you won't feel as though you NEED large portions, you will be satisfied with less, but, like I said, your stomach won't actually shrink.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I stand corrected- Your stomach won't shrink but your sensation of hunger will decrease - So as you eat less food for about a month- Large Meals that you used to consume will feel you up faster.