Meeting calorie goal and staying under carbs...Advice!

Options
I'm finding it hard to meet my calorie goal and stay under on my carbs..which, I would like to do. I think..

Anyway, I did a pretty good job planning my day today (it's my second day after upping my cals and changing my carbs, fat, and protein to 40/30/30).

I guess what I'm asking is..what's some low carb, no carb foods (I don't eat meat)..and do you guys count veggies and fruits into this factor or just actual complex carbs?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks guys.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Every carb counts but dont fret if you are eating higher fiber carbs in place of simple carbs like bananas!
    Take a look at my diaries for the past month to get some ideas on good carbs.

Even the Newton thins apply!
  • panduhburr
    panduhburr Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Every carb counts but dont fret if you are eating higher fiber carbs in place of simple carbs like bananas!
    Take a look at my diaries for the past month to get some ideas on good carbs.

Even the Newton thins apply!

Higher fiber as in 4g and more? Like my quinoa for dinner? That has a lot of fiber. :D But super high in carbs. >.<
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at the overall carbs or net carbs?
    Plus - there are differences IN carbs themselves. Simple v. complex.
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Are you looking at the overall carbs or net carbs?
    Plus - there are differences IN carbs themselves. Simple v. complex.

How do you know the difference? I go over my carbs all the time. But I am eating things like quinoa, beans, bulgar, etc. (And apples and bananas.)