My pet peeve at work is -

Options

Replies

• sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    oh and one of my co-workers down the hall, she's my other pet peeve mainly cause there is no common sense.

Happened just now! I told her I had notarized a letter for one of the physicians and have mailed the documents. She calls back, asking me for a copy and I tell her I retained a copy for her file and that's where she can find it. She then adds ok so you've mailed it to where it needs to go, right? I was silent a bit, then I said yes. The response I really had was "did you want me to mail it somewhere else?"

On another occassion, she asked to borrow someone else badge so that she could use it to clock herself in...we had to explain how that wouldn't work. Then she tried using her key to exit our office, it took her a while to realize there was no key hole and that she could simply turn the handle to exit. There are several of these I could go on and on, not sure how that side of our department functions.
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    My coworker says "huh" about 60 times an hour...yes at least once a minute. He hears fine...it's like it's a habit.
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    im a receptionist so one of my BIGGEST pet peeves is whenever someone comes in more than 30 minutes early for an interview. UGH it makes me absolutley furious. Im a fairly friendly person (thats obviously why i work in customer service) but there is nothing i hate more than someone showing up at 11:50 for an interview they arent supposed to be at until 12:30 anyways! "i didnt think traffic would be so easy!"...yeah well i didnt think that you didnt think so stop at a starbucks or sit in your car and jam to the radio for the next at least 20 minutes so you could come in at a decently acceptable time.

Unless of course they come in and know how to hold a conversation..then i dont mind killing time and meeting someone new. but its the ones that come in and i ask about their hometown..kids..their trip and i get awkward one word answers!!!

okay, rant over.
    Ha! We get this in our Vet Clinic all the time! Also the ones that lean all over the reception desk and fill out the application right there after you have just clearly asked the to sit down with the clipboard and do it, awkward! Then they proceed to tell us about all their personal drama......yeah, like we are gonna hire you!

Haha do you take notes on their app after they leave. Like "don't hire total nut job" "more drama than jerry springer" lol
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Adding the email I just received from my boss. Basically it says "I screwed up but you'll do the work to fix it for me."

Clean up your own damn mess!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am becoming sick of everyone wanting to try to get out of agreements, and get better rates for things.

It's making me cranky.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    People who come into my cube and insist on reading my email or whatever webpage I may have pulled up.
    I think I'll keep one up about some contagious bug, and see if that helps keep them away.

Ohh good idea, I work partially in a cube world and hate when people do that.. Or worse they critique what you wrote in an email that isnt to them
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i work with ~a lot~ of people, mostly men, who have little social skills. Many of them find it completely appropriate to do things like clip their toenails in the cube next to me. ~shudder~

I too work with mostly men, I wouldnt mind the lack of social skills, what drives me nuts if the men who are as sensitive as a PMSing 16 yr old!! PLEASE find a back bone!!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    40+ year old women wearing fricKin' baby doll tops with tights/leggings only. HOW OLD ARE YOU REALLY, DON'T YOU KNOW HOW STUPID YOU LOOK!!!!!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    My co-worker who comes into the office every morning, sits down in her office next to mine, and blows her nose like she's going to die. Whenever anyone comments on it, her reply is the she is musical. Go to the dog damned bathroom and clear yourself out! She was off sick yesterday, came in today blowing, hacking, coughing and choking. She's trying to tell me she's not contagious! *shudder*
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    My office is near the lunch room and the mechanics I work with blare the TV so loud during lunch then leave it blaring when they leave the room, huge pet peeve of mine. I swear they do that because they know how much it bugs me. Common courtesy people!!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    People who want to talk about work during your breaks and lunch. Hello it's called a break for a reason!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    1) Meeting Seagulls: They swoop into a meeting late, crap all over everyones ideas and then leave early without adding any constructive ideas.
    2) People who spend half their day on personal phone calls complaining how busy they are at work.
    3) People who walk at 0.5 mph down the middle of the hallway. Just because they aren't in a hurry doesn't mean nobody else is. Move over or speed up!.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    i work with ~a lot~ of people, mostly men, who have little social skills. Many of them find it completely appropriate to do things like clip their toenails in the cube next to me. ~shudder~
    Trimming toe & fingernails I could almost handle.

What's worse is the coworker that asked to borrow my scissors. Then used them to trim his nose hairs! :sick: :sick: And these are not small scissors, they're the large paper kind! :noway: Needless to say I told him to keep them because I had another pair.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    people who e-mail me and call me 5 minutes later to tell me they e-mailed me and go through a long spill about what the e-mail says...as if I can't read the damn e-mail on my own???

Oh man, this one really hits home!
  • Mythel
    Mythel Posts: 72
    Options

^^^^^ THIS!!!!
    Seriously! You don't have a home where you could do this? Or at least go into the bathroom? I'm not talking about clipping a hangnail or something...I'm talking ALL ten fingers and toes!

*clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip* *clip*
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Not being able to build a bed underneath my desk. George Costanza was on to something
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when I try to find out the color of the mulch I'm ordering and the rep tells me to drive out to see it. LOL

hahah!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    I can relate. I work in a real estate office, we have a couple of thousand homes in our inventory, not just in our city but in nearby cities as well. Also, i am not an agent, i just answer the phones.

I get calls like..."you know, the little blue house with the white trim" or my favorite one so far..."it's the house across the street from my Grandmas house". Don't know the street or the address.......Geeze.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Parent neglect their kids teeth!!!! Then the child comes into my dental office with all their teeth bombed out (lots of time the parents come in reeking like cigarettes) money for smoke and booze but not dental work!!!! I know its expensive but its a kid, they cant help it... Then when the parent says "look how much you cost me" and then the kids starts crying because they feel bad!! then they dont tell the parents about any tooth pain because they dont want to get into trouble for costing them money... so they toughen it out till it gets infected or in so much pain that the child is crying and has to come to the dentist!!! it sucks... or when parents give a baby apple juice or any juice in a bottle!! BOTTLE ROT PEOPLE BOTTLE ROT!!!! kids teeth will be decayed as fast as they come in!!!

This one breaks my heart. The last time I took my daughter for a cleaning, there was an 18 month old in the room next door, she screamed the entire time we were there. I overheard that most of her teeth were already rotted out. Apparently the parents put her to bed everynight with a bottle of apple juice propped up in her mouth.

My pet peeves-
    Monitoring everything that your co-workers do to make sure that you are getting exactly what they are getting. Who cares, worry about your own job.

I could get most of my job done from home, and it would save a lot of money.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is when i answer a call, and so and so is out of the office so i'll put it back to their voice mail, and they will call back and tell me they got disconnected. NO YOU DIDNT. LEAVE A EFFING VOICE MAIL!