Scale Addiction...Good or Bad?

13»

Replies

• shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    I agree, I weigh in every day to help regulate myself. I can gain several pounds in a week pretty easily if I'm not paying attention. This keeps me accountable as well. I know most people won't do well on a daily weigh-in, but it works for me.
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    I am addicted to the scale myself. For me, it helps me hold myself accountable. If I eat bad one night and weigh the next morning to find that I put on a pound or so, it motivates me to NOT eat bad and workout extra hard. Most people say you shouldn't weigh everyday but it does help me :)
    I do the exact same thing! People tell me all the time not to do that because it is very unhealthy! But to me it helps me stay accountable. I usually weigh almost everyday and if I notice that I am going up I start making some changes. But I try and only record my weight once or twice a week because it changes a lot and I dont want to put the wrong weight. I honestly think it is a personal choice and not for everyone. If I find that I am getting depressed about it or it feels unhealthy in anyway I will stop and only do it once a week!!
  • mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Hi, my name is Angela and I am addicted to the scale. It's been 24 hours since my last weigh in

(Went from AA to confessional booth) :laugh:
    lol HI ANGELA!!! My name is Natasha and I am addicted to the scale as well! Every morning I cant wait to go to the bathroom and weigh in lol!!!! Its been less than 5 hours since my last weight in!!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Hi, my name is Angela and I am addicted to the scale. It's been 24 hours since my last weigh in

(Went from AA to confessional booth) :laugh:
    lol HI ANGELA!!! My name is Natasha and I am addicted to the scale as well! Every morning I cant wait to go to the bathroom and weigh in lol!!!! Its been less than 5 hours since my last weight in!!

Hi Natasha, and welcome :drinker:
  • JoanPB
    JoanPB Posts: 8
    Scale Addicts Unite!!
    Thank you all for your input! It is good to know that I am not the only one who oogles the scale on a daily basis. As long as I am not beating myself up about the number and using the weigh ins as a motivator then I wont have to attend any 12 step programs just yet.

It is wonderful to see all the amazing progress everyone has made & great to have such motivating support. You guys rock!:glasses:
  • I weigh daily. For me, it's mostly a curiousity thing. I know it fluctuates, so I don't sweat a gain. I just think it's interesting to see how the previous day's events (exercise, salt, hormones) can affect the number. Maybe it's the scientist in me, I just like to make observations! I think as long as you're not freaking out over it, it's fine to weigh daily.