Dinner for Breakfast

Options
I had been trying to eat a healthy low calorie breakfast like oatmeal and fruit but I found that my sugar was dropping and I would overeat all day just to feel better.
Now I eat about 400 calories at breakfast and it's dinner. I eat a normal lunch and usually breakfast foods for dinner. I am fairly new to this but I think its working. tomorrow I am having turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes for breakfast another day I will have soup and sandwich and so on. I usually have fruit or yogurt between morning and noon.
Has anyone else tried this?

Replies

• lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    I had been trying to eat a healthy low calorie breakfast like oatmeal and fruit but I found that my sugar was dropping and I would overeat all day just to feel better.
    Now I eat about 400 calories at breakfast and it's dinner. I eat a normal lunch and usually breakfast foods for dinner. I am fairly new to this but I think its working. tomorrow I am having turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes for breakfast another day I will have soup and sandwich and so on. I usually have fruit or yogurt between morning and noon.
    Has anyone else tried this?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried dinner for breakfast on a regular basis. Sometimes leftover pizza but that's all.
    I love oatmeal but it is not enough breakfast for me. I usually have whole grain bread toasted and a fried egg. I need more protein than the oatmeal has. A couple of hours after that some fruit for a snack. Then it's lunch time.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I've never tried that. thankfully I haven't had that issue yet. but that's a good way to do it when it works for you :)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I couldn't eat those foods in the morning, my stomach just couldn't handle it, but I have heard you should eat your biggest meal at breakfast. if it's working for you then that's great!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Dinner for breakfast is the bomb!!
    We like to do Omelets!!
    Eggs, meats, veggies and your done, protein and veggies, yum yum
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I generally eat big breakfasts of 350-450 calories. I still do breakfast foods, just lots of them. I LOVE breakfast! I love eggs and toast and oatmeal and canadian bacon...om nomnom.