Revolution vs. Evolution

Options
My friend was telling me of a topic that was being discussed on the radio- I think it makes sense so I thought I would share.

The man was talking about dieting and how many think that it should be a revolutionary change- a change that you see great results and fast. He then went on to say that those who are successful follow the idea of evolution- it takes time to get into good habits, eat good food, make the time to exercise and lose the weight in a healthy way. This allows people to become healthier and stay that way.

I've shortened what was actually said- but you get the idea.

Replies

• Mishkanac
    Options
    My friend was telling me of a topic that was being discussed on the radio- I think it makes sense so I thought I would share.

The man was talking about dieting and how many think that it should be a revolutionary change- a change that you see great results and fast. He then went on to say that those who are successful follow the idea of evolution- it takes time to get into good habits, eat good food, make the time to exercise and lose the weight in a healthy way. This allows people to become healthier and stay that way.

I've shortened what was actually said- but you get the idea.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, slow and steady. We are in this for the forever change. :drinker: :drinker:

Thanks for the inspiration.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    This is totally the truth! Here here!!:drinker:

*Kistinbee*
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Quite right, this is not a trend or part time job, it is a lifestyle of maintaining yourself in a proper manner, which in todays society is quite difficult. Some are better than others, but a determined individual is bound to be successful. Once success is obtained, then comes the next step, maintain succeeding at a high level. Sounds tough, but really it isn't, we have all overcome huge obstacles in our lives, and will continue to do so. I think this site can produce 100 percent success because everyone here is going about this correctly. Keep up the hard work everyone !!!