Doing it perfectly?

Hi,
I dont post alot, as I I am new and recognize I am a little shy and overly sensitive. However, I need some feedback on something that is renting way too much space in my head!

So, please go easy on me...

I rarely go over on my calories. I try to be very mindful and stay within my limit. Although when I do (yesterday, for example), it drives me crazy. It feels so bad, and i end up feeling as though I have commited a food crime. I know in my head this is ridiculous! I I know that going over over by a few hundred calories is not going to make or break me in the end. But the guilt that consumes is often unbearable.

I hate this black and white feeling and my drive to do this "perfectly" . My goal on here is to get healthy and NOT focus on any number, but rather just be mindful of the numbers.

So, I guess I am asking, is this normal? Do others get this sense of failure when they go over there calories? And how is it overcome?

Replies

• For many it is indeed normal. But realize that if you aren't happy, you're going to stray!!! So make yourself happy! And if you really feel that guilty about going over, then go for an extra walk during the day to counter it!

You're doing fine! Don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy the journey.