jump rope, anyone?

Options
I used to be a master at jump rope... when I was about eleven years old. Used to spend the whole afternoon with my friends making up complicated jump routines--

I've heard some buzz lately about jump rope and how it is so good for you and burns all these calories and I am wondering: any jumpers out there? Advise? Love it, hate it, love to hate it?

Because I am thinking I should get this dormant habit out of the closet, shake the dust off, and get to jumping. :noway:

Replies

• pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I used to be a master at jump rope... when I was about eleven years old. Used to spend the whole afternoon with my friends making up complicated jump routines--

I've heard some buzz lately about jump rope and how it is so good for you and burns all these calories and I am wondering: any jumpers out there? Advise? Love it, hate it, love to hate it?

Because I am thinking I should get this dormant habit out of the closet, shake the dust off, and get to jumping. :noway:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of times, it is not like riding a bike though, I use to be a pro and now i am lucky is i can do 15 or 20 without screwing up.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    If I were to jump rope, I would blind myself. 44 dd's now, but shrinking. Now I just double sports bra them and hit the small trampoline.

I also got me a hula hoop, so far no good, I can only keep it up for about 2 turns.

If you can jump rope, more power to ya..... good luck!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love it! I just finished up a few sessions with a trainer at our gym. She pulled out the jump rope like it was a weapon...........then started to time 30 seconds.............at 2 minutes she said.......OK you have made your point, you can jump rope!!

She said that jumping does something good to our bodies........bones especially. I wish I could remember her words, but she said all the trainers are adding jump moves into their routines.

So now I jump rope when i feel like it. I also skip, hoola hoop, hopscotch............and you should SEE me walk on the 'balance beam' which is actually a 300 foot curb leading to the police dept!

Act like a kid again!

:drinker:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    We had to jumprope in the beginning of my Pilates Class the other day. I was thinking to myself, "Are you kidding me? How easy is this going to be" Well, we had to do it for 3 minutes. I honestly thought I was going to die!!!!! My heart was racing, my legs, thighs, and arms were burning, and I was sweating like a pig. It truly was a GREAT workout!!! I know I have one in my house somewhere, and I want to start doing it more often.

I think you should start..Great Idea!!

Maybe you should start a "JumpRope Challenge Thread":flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey, lets open a gym!! we can call it

Play Again!

Opening in a mall near you soon!!:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Did you see Million Dollar baby with Hillary Swank

saw an interview she said jumpin rope got her cut up like she was

she was HOTTTTTTTT
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Did you see Million Dollar baby with Hillary Swank

saw an interview she said jumpin rope got her cut up like she was

she was HOTTTTTTTT

I believe it because you use all your muscles to keep that baby moving.
  • pixiestick
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. I was looking to buy a sports-rope the other day and I held off because I thought: my MFP buddies will lead me down this path if it's the way to go.

So tomorrow I will be 9quid poorer and one rope richer (and hopefully a lot of calories poorer too). :wink:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you guys. I was looking to buy a sports-rope the other day and I held off because I thought: my MFP buddies will lead me down this path if it's the way to go.

So tomorrow I will be 9quid poorer and one rope richer (and hopefully a lot of calories poorer too). :wink:

Let us know how it goes!!!:wink:
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use the jump rope as part of my circuit training. Set of lifting, then jumprope, then situps. Then rinse and repeat! I like that it adds variety to my workout. Have a blast with your new jumprope! :bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I love to jump rope and I also love to jump on our BIG trampoline out back for hours on end now.I used to get to winded but now since I have lost 36 pounds I can stay on there alot longer.Keeps my heart rate up so I know I am burning calories.Get to it JUMP JUMP!!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    If I were to jump rope, I would blind myself. 44 dd's now, but shrinking. Now I just double sports bra them and hit the small trampoline.

I also got me a hula hoop, so far no good, I can only keep it up for about 2 turns.

If you can jump rope, more power to ya..... good luck!!!

I have 36 DDD's and jump, I just use enell sports bras they are great. So much better then double bras, been there done that.
  • pixiestick
    Options
    We should have an "adore enell" thread that goes on and on for days...

The gods were smiling when that bra was invented.