Muscle Relief

Options
so, i've been dancing a lot lately, and it's more than my body is used to. the back of my calves KILL; they're extremely sore. What are the best ways to relieve the soreness on muscles???

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    so, i've been dancing a lot lately, and it's more than my body is used to. the back of my calves KILL; they're extremely sore. What are the best ways to relieve the soreness on muscles???
  • mandyc1108
    mandyc1108 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My doc said to warm aches and to ice swelling. So since it's sore, I would try maybe a heating pad for 10 to 15 mins at a time.
  • lemondropdreams
    Options
    thanks... so when do you do the ice? is that for right after you work out? and then after you put heat to it?
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    You can alternate with warm then cold. Usually after 24 hours of doing heat you would do the cold for your calfs and drink plenty of water and do some stretches. All of that should help and also take it easy for a few days. If after a week you are not better then go and see the Dr.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I have found that the miracle cure for muscle soreness is Muscle Milk. If you drink it within a half hour of finishing your workout, it really helps reduce the soreness the next day. The key is timing though. It won't work if you drink it the next day. I use the light version of the powder, and if I'm working out away from home, I'll usually mix it before I go and bring it in my son's insulated lunch box with and ice pack to keep it cold. I also put ice in the container when I mix it, it acts as an agitator to break up the powder so you don't get big chunks (yuck!).