Fast food Challenge

I have seen posts about people giving up fast food and I know that can be hard. Even harder if you have kids doing sports and add that you work. Fast food is convenient. I am going to challenge people to find healthy thins they can eat at these places. If you know any or have ideas of how to please post here.

Mc Donalds
grilled chicken patty 120 calories.
Sweet and sour sauce 1 pkg 80 Calories.
I get water to drink.
Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken 190 Calories

Jimmy John's
Un-which your sub or get veggie one

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Burger King has a veggie burger (morning star farms) you can chose a side salad and water, all for less than 400 calories if you do not get may on the burger.

Taco bell will also substitute that incredibly gross ground meat product with beans in any of their menu items.

Grocery stores these days tend to offer pre made salads in their deli section too, with deli meats and boiled eggs, those are a fantastic meal in a pinch.

My best advice to people is have a snack before you go to a fast food joint. WE ALWAYS tend to make better choices about everything in life if we are not starving. :)
  • I actually thought about creating a binder of all the fast foods/ restaurants that I used to go to regularly. I could put my healthier options under each restaurant so that way when I'm out I wont feel stressed about where and what I should I eat. I'd have options.

As of now, I'm sticking with Chick fil a's chargrilled chicken sandwich and it's getting old. :/

Logans
    1 cup Loaded Baked Potatoe Soup- 202calories
    1 Grilled Vegetable Steamer--118
    Total: 320 Calories

Chick-Fil-A
    Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich- 290c
    Honey Roasted Bbq Sauce- 60c
    Total: 350 Calories
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    So, by "healthier option" do you mean strictly lower calorie? Or are you also looking at nutritional content and/or dangerous additives?
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Culver's actually has some really good low calorie alternatives to our burgers.

our veggie burger on sourdough with no mayo or butter is 314 calories

Our grilled chicken is lower in calories as well as our single butter burger and our Beef Pot roast (cant remeber them off the top of my head) for the most part as long as you stay away from the bad condiments with them
  • adamtall
    I actually thought about creating a binder of all the fast foods/ restaurants that I used to go to regularly. I could put my healthier options under each restaurant so that way when I'm out I wont feel stressed about where and what I should I eat. I'd have options.

tghats a great idea
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member

Our grilled chicken is lower in calories as well as our single butter burger and our Beef Pot roast (cant remeber them off the top of my head) for the most part as long as you stay away from the bad condiments with them

I'm actually going to Culver's tomorrow - my mom wants to run somewhere quick on the way to our meeting and wants Culver's. I've already logged what I'm going to order: chicken sandwich, green beans, & mashed potatoes & gravy. This is for dinner, and it will be roughly around 500 calories, which is what I usually allot for dinner.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    only take out we ever do now is subway (club on wheat or a wrap or salad, no cheese, light mayo, loads of veggies)

or a chinese take out (foo yung, no rice, schezuan chicken or beef)

the rest is just not worth the calories.
  • adamtall

I'm actually going to Culver's tomorrow - my mom wants to run somewhere quick on the way to our meeting and wants Culver's. I've already logged what I'm going to order: chicken sandwich, green beans, & mashed potatoes & gravy. This is for dinner, and it will be roughly around 500 calories, which is what I usually allot for dinner.

ask them for no butter on your sandwich and ask if they have unseasoned green beans that they can make up, we usually have ours cooking in butter all day long so theres a few calories to lose there if they have it
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    The Calorie King Calorie Fat and Carb Counter is a great resource for nutritional info for all fast food restaurants and name brand foods too. My health club gives one away for free with any Pro Shop purchase. It is the perfect size to fit in your purse or you can get an App or get it on the Kindle too!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member

ask them for no butter on your sandwich and ask if they have unseasoned green beans that they can make up, we usually have ours cooking in butter all day long so theres a few calories to lose there if they have it

Thanks!!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    I love the BK veggie burger, and I will get something made with beans at Taco bell (bean fresco bean burrito or Mexican pizza) and I really enjoy the grilled chicken sandwich on wholewheat at Sonic, on rare occasion I'll splurge on a snack wrap and sweat tea at McD's
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Jimmy John's
    Un-which your sub or get veggie one

The Turkey Tom actually has fewer calories than the Veggie but I think the Veggie has more flavor. I alternate between the two. Also, if you're just talking calories getting the wheat bread on any of the subs (not the clubs) adds about 100 calories to the sandwich.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    I actually thought about creating a binder of all the fast foods/ restaurants that I used to go to regularly. I could put my healthier options under each restaurant so that way when I'm out I wont feel stressed about where and what I should I eat. I'd have options.

As of now, I'm sticking with Chick fil a's chargrilled chicken sandwich and it's getting old. :/

When I first started trying to eat healthier and lose weight (pre mfp/pre smart phone) I went through the nutritional information of McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, and Taco Bell and made a list of a few healthier choices from each place just in case out was out at lunch or dinner time. In theory I used the same list on road trips but I usually just go with crap when I'm driving:)
  • I went to mcD this morning,, breakfast burrito 300 calories