Music-how does it touch you?

2»

Replies

• xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    music affects me the same way most of the time, that is why I'm so addicted to it lol. it's a good motivator. I listen to my favorite music when I go out for a walk and it makes me feel even better about what I'm doing.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    I tend to listen to the more meditation-oriented, Trance, and Symphonic Metal stuff these days. I do like the occasional Duran Duran though. :p I'm an 80s child... always have loved the music from that era.

A few favorite artists:
    Loreena McKennit
    Nightwish
    Kamelot
    Ian Van Daahl

The list goes on, and on. :smile: Music tends to relax or motivate me... depending on which I'm listening to at the time.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    my boyfriend doesn't get why I listen to "sad" music. But its a good way to get emotions out.

I can't not dance when I hear micheal Jackson or the spice girls

I am one of those crazy people dancing to the music in their heads

My husband was the same way. I'd get into a mood and just want to listen to sad music. I don't know why. I wasn't depressed. But he hated it! He just didn't get it.

Good thing he's not around to hear what I've been listening to lately.

I think for me, I listen to something that emphasized my mood. I can't listen to happy music when I'm sad, and I can't listen to sad music when I'm happy. Even when I'm running - I'll run to sad music if that's the mood I'm in. Strange, I know, but it's true.

Musice for me is very personal. I take the lyrics to heart. That sounds crazy, but it's true. I know the singer isn't singing to me, but I always take the lyrics and apply them to my life.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    I LOVE music!!! I have never been one to listen to just the music. I listen to the words, the story.
    There are so many songs that remind me of things the minute they start playing. That's why I love the song "The Song Remembers When" by Trisha Yearwood. It basically says that when ever she hears a certain song it reminds her of certain things. It's a beautiful song. one of my all time favorites. I love all kinds of music from country, to rock, to blue grass, the ony kind I DON'T like is Rap. I just bought an Etta James cd. I love the way she sings or sang!!!

Memaw
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    my boyfriend doesn't get why I listen to "sad" music. But its a good way to get emotions out.

I can't not dance when I hear micheal Jackson or the spice girls

I am one of those crazy people dancing to the music in their heads

My husband was the same way. I'd get into a mood and just want to listen to sad music. I don't know why. I wasn't depressed. But he hated it! He just didn't get it.

Good thing he's not around to hear what I've been listening to lately.

I think for me, I listen to something that emphasized my mood. I can't listen to happy music when I'm sad, and I can't listen to sad music when I'm happy. Even when I'm running - I'll run to sad music if that's the mood I'm in. Strange, I know, but it's true.

Musice for me is very personal. I take the lyrics to heart. That sounds crazy, but it's true. I know the singer isn't singing to me, but I always take the lyrics and apply them to my life.
    I do the exact same thing!!!! I do the same with some movies!
This discussion has been closed.