ihop-spinach, mushroom, tomatoe omelet

Options
So I ate at ihop today. this was my first time eating out in a long time. The menu said that this option was only 320 calories . So I ordered it. But it was huge and somehow I can not believe that it only has 300 calories. It came with 3 pancakes also. I know restaurants lie about their nutrition at times. But could this be possible? (each egg has at least 70 cals(4 eggs=280), then add on the holandaise sauce(which I scraped off, and I got it without cheese, the oil they cook it in)+ the 3 pancakes, which I ate 1 and had the other 2 a while ago for dinner.) .... It doesn't make sense

Replies

• losingit09
    Options
    So I ate at ihop today. this was my first time eating out in a long time. The menu said that this option was only 320 calories . So I ordered it. But it was huge and somehow I can not believe that it only has 300 calories. It came with 3 pancakes also. I know restaurants lie about their nutrition at times. But could this be possible? (each egg has at least 70 cals(4 eggs=280), then add on the holandaise sauce(which I scraped off, and I got it without cheese, the oil they cook it in)+ the 3 pancakes, which I ate 1 and had the other 2 a while ago for dinner.) .... It doesn't make sense
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    It was most likely 320 for the omelete...not including the pancakes!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I would say that is just for the omelet as long as you got the eggbeaters. (you can order their omelets with eggbeaters instead of eggs)

I ate at IHOP a couple weeks ago and noticed that they had a healthier fare menu. I had 2 harvest grain pancakes (no butter or syrup) and the eggbeaters and I think it was 580 cals? (it's listed here in the database).
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Yep, it could have been correct. I love omelets and I usually do a 2 egg omelet here at the house. But I do love my omelet's at a restaurants I go to, so I cut it on half, already box it up and it one half and bring the other home.

Splurge every now on them and go for a walk!!!
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I don't think that's right... I sometimes go to IHOP and get the short stack, which is just pancakes, no eggs or meat, and THAT's somewhere around 300-350 calories according to their menu...

I also once ordered the hollandaise tilapia off their low calorie menu, and it was HUGE, like easily three servings of fish plus a half cup of hollandaise at least. I wonder if their cooks are just a bunch of idiots who don't understand what that part of the menu is supposed to be?
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I normally get that omlette too when I go to Ihop, but not with pancakes, hehe. I'll ask for fruit instead.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Dang! Now I'm hungry for Pancakes! Shari's (like an ihop) here I come!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

Ihop - Spinach Mushroom and Tomato Omelet
    Calories 330
    Sodium 660 mg
    Total Fat 7 g
    Saturated 3 g
    Total Carbs 37 g
    Protein 30 g

Ihop - Harvest Grain 'n Nut Healthy Combo Servings:
    Calories 580
    Sodium 1090 mg
    Total Fat 20 g
    Saturated 4 g
    Total Carbs76 g
    Protein 23 g

Just for future reference, it's already in the database! :wink:
  • losingit09
    Options
    thanks everyone.... i just doubled the cals for the pancakes. I just felt like the serving was huge... maybe since i am measuring things more careful now.. restaurant portions seem a lot bigger