I love the fact that:

It's all about him
It's now or never
The whole world depends on his options, actions and what he wants to do
Why can't it be now
The when

Oh man, I love my son, almost 16 now, but his demands are not my priority!!!'

Example:

School, straight A student, very smart, he hurts my head sometimes.
Drivers education: Started in January, they are just now taking them in out in cars, so I have taken him 2 times and his dad has taken him 2 times. Then I find out HE has to start driving on the main road Wednesday. So I said, and your point? Haven't you been in Drivers Ed since Jan? Why haven't you driven any.

Answer: They took boating education for 1 month?? What the crap is this? I paid for boating??
Then he said, well, I missed my first chance of driving because I just forgot! ? So of course I said, well did the instructor not come and get you?? Nope!!

So there again, his fault, not mine!!!

Yes, he needs the experience and yes, as a parent, it is my responsibility, but geez, I am just learning all this now??

So, I am divorced from his dad and remairred. His dad does nothing for him, so everytime I ask him to take him for a drive, it's 2 or 3 days later and for only 30 minutes or so. I swear, if I live through the teenage years, I might actually have some red hair left instead of white!!!

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that:

It's all about him
    It's now or never
    The whole world depends on his options, actions and what he wants to do
    Why can't it be now
    The when

Oh man, I love my son, almost 16 now, but his demands are not my priority!!!'

Example:

School, straight A student, very smart, he hurts my head sometimes.
    Drivers education: Started in January, they are just now taking them in out in cars, so I have taken him 2 times and his dad has taken him 2 times. Then I find out HE has to start driving on the main road Wednesday. So I said, and your point? Haven't you been in Drivers Ed since Jan? Why haven't you driven any.

Answer: They took boating education for 1 month?? What the crap is this? I paid for boating??
    Then he said, well, I missed my first chance of driving because I just forgot! ? So of course I said, well did the instructor not come and get you?? Nope!!

So there again, his fault, not mine!!!

Yes, he needs the experience and yes, as a parent, it is my responsibility, but geez, I am just learning all this now??

So, I am divorced from his dad and remairred. His dad does nothing for him, so everytime I ask him to take him for a drive, it's 2 or 3 days later and for only 30 minutes or so. I swear, if I live through the teenage years, I might actually have some red hair left instead of white!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I had my girls drive everytime we went someplace. Even the short trips will add up.
    It sounds like you've got a great kid! Enjoy these next few years. Pretty soon he will be off to college or working. These next years will go fast!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    hehe sounds like my brother (who's 18). he's worse than I ever was. I'm only 20 so I admit I still have that demanding side... it'll get better. especially when he goes to college lol :laugh: