What's Your Sugar Fix?

Options
Being a teenager I am addicted to anything sugary, i have the sweetest tooth in my family and could eat chocolate for England.
However this has resulted in my piling on the pounds....

Since joining MFP I have completely changed my diet and avoid processed foods and sugars at all costs by replacing then with fruit or protein snacks.

HOWEVER we all need a chocolate/sugar fi every now and again, and I was wondering what you guys all eat as a substitute to chocolate or sweets to get your fix?

for me i drink a cup of 'Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate' which is only 41 cals and is low in sugar and fat, so is perfect for me!

What do you guys have?

Replies

• bgirly55
    bgirly55 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's funny... I do the same thing.. hot cocoa... there is a new one that is 20 cals.. and yummy.. nestle fat free... and, sometimes just a piece of dark chocolate, or fudgesicle- 35 cals... to name a few... I also love starbucks and will get a caramel light frappachino for a sweet, yet low cal fix. 100 cals in tall size. :)
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favourite sugar fix is minimilk lollies - specifically the chocolate ones. 35 cals. Amazing. I love them!
  • daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    BANANA CHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (TERRIBLE FOR YOU BUT YUMMY)
  • charlee_a
    Options
    A cup of hot chocolate with a kitkat to dip x
  • apena_06
    Options
    Nature Valley Granola Thins with dark chocolate (80 cals) are awesome! I also like the 100 calorie packs of cookies sometimes
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate but have no control over it. So when I want something sweet, I eat frozen fruit (mixed or just blueberries) and sprinkle some splenda on them. I usually eat it all before totally thawed. It is very good and keeps me from wanting anything else for the day.
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate, I just work it in to my daily plan. But if I don't have room to spare I drink a cup of chai tea made from my kuerig coffee maker. It's 60 calories and is just sweet enough to get my mind off of chocolate.
  • Bethee101
    Bethee101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love those Fiber One 90 calorie brownies, I also buy sweet flavored sugar free gum. I think it is called dessert temptations or something like that. I also drink a can of soda a day (bad I know!) it seems to really cut my sweet cravings and fill me up for the afternoon.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Lindt darck chocolate with a touch of salt. there is no silly business in it like all the sugar free candies.
  • lre0054
    Options
    I love the different dessert yoplait yogurts... They are all very good and are light. Plus i love ice cream so I just put some in the freezer and top them with fat free redi-whip and its delicious!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I eat chocolate. I like the skinny cow candy bars and candy clusters. I also like to get some mini chocolate chips (1 TBSP) and eat just one or two at a time. It's only 70 calories. I also eat nutella by the spoonful with natural (no sugar added) peanut butter. It's amazing. It's like a reese's on a spoon....
  • terriph
    terriph Posts: 15
    Options
    I use the treat sized sweets. A mini pack of smarties - that has probably about 50 mini smarties, is 66 calories. A mini bag of white chocolate buttons is 88 calories. A mini milky way is 67 calories and a mini bag of mikly way magic stars is also under 80 calories. I choose one per day; look forward to it and make it last. Yum. Today was a smartie day!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I do Emerald Dark Chocolate Almonds. 1 gm sugar for 1 oz of almonds and totally fixes my chocolate cravings.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I have a piece of Belgian Dark chocolate...if the sweet tooth is really bad, I indulge, usually tootsie rolls!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I try and make/bake my own biscuits..flapjacks...cookies etc so I can ensure the ingredients aren't as sugar/additive packed as commercially sold ones

I add protein powders and use agave syrup/honey for sweetness and organic cocoa powder for choccyness

The tend to be fewer calories but I still eat loads!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Lindt darck chocolate with a touch of salt. there is no silly business in it like all the sugar free candies.

Oh, yes. This. <3 Makes me mouth water every time. I can eat a few pieces and be satisfied (unlike other chocolates).
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Green & blacks is a big fave of my dark chocolate

Haven't tried the salt bit yet on dark chocolate, I've heard it actually sweetens it, taking the bitterness out of it?
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I will f$ck up some McDonalds chocolate chip cookies.
  • trac3
    trac3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who can't control herself with chocolate ~ maybe some sugar free hot chocolate works once in a while, but most times, I'll just eat the entire thing of light chocolate or whatever it is...:sad: I stay AWAY from mini bars ~ I can inhale 10 at a time!:blushing:

I have better luck with red licorice or taffy ~ something sweet that I won't go overboard on. Also, I've found that Fage Greek yogurt mixed with strawberry jam (the all natural fruit kind, no added sugar) and some chopped walnuts really quells the sugar monster (for me) ~ reminds me of strawberry cheesecake in a weird way (sweet enough and creamy).
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate mint espresso beans from Trader Joes