Today I had an epiphany

Options
13»

Replies

• LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I love this. I have also realized that I can order what makes me happy in a restaurant, eat half, take the rest home and let someone else in the house eat it. And I won't drop dead because I didn't eat it!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    When I had a similar moment, my epiphany wasn't the realisation that I could eat half of it, my epiphany was realising how many calories (and carbs) are in tortilla wraps. Way more than I expected!

After I cut them out of my lunchtime and replaced them with a tin of heinz big soup for lunch instead, I saved almost half of my lunch calories, from around 600 down to about 300.

BUT

I find that I've saved too many calories. Now I end up having to snack at the end of the day so Ithat 'm not too far under target. So I guess I'd agree with the other commenters, saying that although the wraps may have more calories than you expected, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Don't fear the calories! Less isn't always better.

I'm finding that, too - had 500 calories left over after dinner. WTF? lol
  • DrKarenLDavis
    Options
    Nice going! Portion control is important.
  • 1bigtabbycat
    1bigtabbycat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ****[/quote] My daily goal is a little over 1200 and I'm trying to spread it out over 4 meals and snacks so that I don't get hungry during thru out the day****

I am in the same boat .... good job - it is not as easy as it sounds. Your mind can override your stomach and then you end up in a predicament!
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That worked out pretty well I'd say. Great strategy! My girlfriend and I split meals at restaurants all the time. If I go by myself, I split it and ask them to package it to go. Ciao, Marc
  • beautifulme32
    Options
    so true