Anything I should know before getting real running shoes?

Options
2»

Replies

• dodson169
    Options
    Get fit by a professional and then buy on-line after that so that you can get them cheaper. Look on-line at Road Runner Sports for good prices - pay the $1.99 for VIP membership and you get 10% off and free shipping- plus they send emails a lot giving 20 or 25% off. That adds up on $100-125 shoes.
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    To those saying don't go cheap dont worry I have no problem spending 100 on a good pair of shoes. I am an odd woman that doens't have many pairs but the ones I have I want good quality so I'm ok with spending money where its worth it.

I'll be sure to buy the socks first so that I can wear my new socks with my new running shoes when I try them on.

I have a heart rate monitor already it doesn't have GPS but I use my phone with the runDouble c25k app. I think the app is awesome I tried it for the first time today and it has all my interval times and distances (seems accurate too becasue I know what intervals I didn't run the whole time or skipped and just walked (really out of shape still building up to really be able to do week 1 right... I haven't run at all since I played softball sophmore year of high school!!)

Thanks again for all the tips!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Bring your old shoes when you go.

Oh yeah... forgot this one. Excellent advice. Running shops can tell a lot about how you run based on the wear pattern of your old shoes.