Whos fault is it?

Options

Replies

• suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Those "evil" little girl scouts that camp outside of Kroger, etc. Everyone else may hear in a sweet little voice, "Would you like to buy some cookies?" But I hear in a demonic voice, "Buy some cookies or I break your knee caps!" How can you say no to that??? Plus, once the cookies have been bought, they can't go to waste... :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Completely and absolutely my fault and no one else's.

I'm grown up, well educated and intelligent - I know damn well that I need to eat mostly healthy food, throw in an occasional treat and exercise regularly. I have chosen not to do those things for a lot of years and I have no one but myself to blame for that.

I could blame my family for feeding me sweet treats as a child or my community for making crummy food cheap and readily available - but there is no dodging the issue that no one held me down and forced me to eat an entire family block of Cadbury dairy milk (on more than one occasion!)
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Ok.... We are all "grown ups" who are responsible for our own actions of what we put in our mouths. BUT if you could blame something for being overweight what would it be? Mine is a B**** named Little Debbie!!!!!!!!! If I ever see her in a back ally, I will run her over with my car!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... I saw her one day in her little hat and just knew she was in trouble... I stayed away...
    I would have to blame my Buds (beer), especially when they hang out by the dozen. We hang out for a few hours, get happy, and then it would always turn into taco bell, white castle, mcdonalds, or a bag of chips... They just make everything seem like it's alright...
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How many of you have someone standing next to you with a gun to your head, telling you to eat? Blaming someone else for your problems is counter-productive - you need to be accountable for your own actions.
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    I would have to say the Dr. And be warned Dr Pepper....... I will be kicking you to the curb very shortly. And that beautifully white cheddar covered "Smart Popcorn".... ya, your so smart because you fool people into thinking your healthy... as long as the serving size can be stuck to, but I always end up eating the whole bag! Not any more!!! I have successfully banished you from my life!!
  • MamaKarrot
    MamaKarrot Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell's whole fourth meal crap. Fourth meal isn't cool, man. It just makes you fat. Stop trying to make it cool.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Whoever invented ranch dressing :)
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    How many of you have someone standing next to you with a gun to your head, telling you to eat? Blaming someone else for your problems is counter-productive - you need to be accountable for your own actions.

It sounds like you agree with the OP, who said:
    Ok.... We are all "grown ups" who are responsible for our own actions of what we put in our mouths. BUT if you could blame something for being overweight what would it be? Mine is a B**** named Little Debbie!!!!!!!!! If I ever see her in a back ally, I will run her over with my car!

is anyone posting anything in this thread they blame their weight on *without* it being tongue in cheek?
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    the service industry.... years of working 12 hours waitressing shifts with no break and then stuffing my face on fast food when i got done because it was the only place open and i was starving! .... but like you said, it was my fault, now i am learning to plan better
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    It's a light hearted thread and clearly states that we are to blame for what we put in our mouth. People need to pay attention. LoL
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Whomever invented depo provera. *kitten*.

This. ^^
    Obviously some my fault, but I have hormonal issues since the depo that make it VERY hard to lose weight. The only time I lose weight easily? When I'm pregnant. Go freakin' figure.
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    I blame the fact that I play the "fat funny friend" part so well.....
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I am crushed you would say this - :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Apologize now, or else I will march in that kitchen and eat 20 girl scout cookies with a quart of ice cream.
    Poor me, poor, pitiful me.....I feel like a lonely little petunia in an onion patch....and all I do is cry all day..:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    All the fast food did that for me ...
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Apologize now, or else I will march in that kitchen and eat 20 girl scout cookies with a quart of ice cream.
    Poor me, poor, pitiful me.....I feel like a lonely little petunia in an onion patch....and all I do is cry all day..:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

wahhhh!!!!!!! :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

Would it be insensitive to mail you a fresh batch of cookies at this point?
  • lwood42
    Options
    Life transitions, stress, and turning 45 soon!! But to heck with those most valid reasons!!haha!! I am going to be 45 soon and weight what I did when I was 25yrs!!!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What's to blame for my weight gain?

I have a problem....I have hole between my nose and my chin.....

hahahahaha!!! I have that SAME problem!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Mello Yellow and Mountain Dew..... And Coke!!!

Dang soda.....:grumble:

We have a love/hate relationship!
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Mello Yellow and Mountain Dew..... And Coke!!!

Dang soda.....:grumble:

We have a love/hate relationship!

Oh, and Sunkist!

And beer.....

Dang the list goes on....