Too much water

How much water would be too much in one day? Is there such a thing?

It's only 3:45 and I've already at 10 8 oz glasses. I'm sure I'll have at least two more before the day is through.

Replies

• juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Though there is such a thing as drinking too much water, it isn't really an issue unless all your doing is drinking water (i.e. not eating anything). As long as you're eating normally, you should be ok. It isn't unusal for me to drink more than 10 8oz glasses of water a day.
  • I drink, at least, 2 - 52 ounce "Bubba Jugs" of water a day along with my 4 -5 cups of coffee! I think it helps keep the system in good working order. I agree, if a person is only drinking water & not eating, then there could be a problem.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    hyponatremia is a real condition. but so long as you are eating regularly you should be fine. hyponatremia usually happens when you drink too much water and cause a severe drop in sodium in your body.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Is there any reason you're drinking THAT much pure water?!
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    No, that's not enough water to cause any problems. Keep going. I've had over 20 cups of water every day this week.
  • cherrikim
    cherrikim Posts: 57 Member
    I was always told 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water per day. Check with your doctor, maybe this is a question you should send into the DR OZ show.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    unless you're paranoid about having to take a drug test for work, and you falsely think downing tons of water all at once is the answer, you're probably ok.

Standard disclaimer for consulting a medical professional if you think problems are happening, etc.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member

Just cause I feel like it. I drink 2 glasses with each meal and then I have water in between, including when I work out. I don't like drinking soda very much. Even when I try to I can only drink like a few sips and then I just don't want it anymore.

And juice is just not my thing.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    unless you're paranoid about having to take a drug test for work, and you falsely think downing tons of water all at once is the answer, you're probably ok.

Standard disclaimer for consulting a medical professional if you think problems are happening, etc.

Lol no. I drink them spread out through the day. I'm usually awake at like 5:30 am and I drink 2 glasses before I have any coffee otherwise I feel like crap.

Then I have 2 more after coffee with my breakfast.

I have another 2 with lunch, 2 more with excercises, and 2 more with dinner. Those are just my usual ones. Sometimes I just feel thirsty, lol.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member

Just cause I feel like it. I drink 2 glasses with each meal and then I have water in between, including when I work out. I don't like drinking soda very much. Even when I try to I can only drink like a few sips and then I just don't want it anymore.

And juice is just not my thing.

That's cool Just worried you were doing its you heard you should drink 8 cups of pure water a day, that's all. If you're doing it because you prefer it, its all good! :D