FitnessFlash from Self 04/09

Options
MTGirl
MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
I read this in my latest issue of Self magazine:

"Dash and dine: Planning to indulge in a decadent dinner? Hit the gym first! Cardio stints before high-cal meals can fend off fat, researchers from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor report. Women who worked out before overeating increased their fat-burning rate, and those who pigged out without exercising decreased theirs. Aim to sweat at a moderate intnesity, researchers say. "

So there you have it! I thought it was interesting at any rate!

Replies

• MTGirl
    Options
    I read this in my latest issue of Self magazine:

"Dash and dine: Planning to indulge in a decadent dinner? Hit the gym first! Cardio stints before high-cal meals can fend off fat, researchers from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor report. Women who worked out before overeating increased their fat-burning rate, and those who pigged out without exercising decreased theirs. Aim to sweat at a moderate intnesity, researchers say. "

So there you have it! I thought it was interesting at any rate!
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    Wow. I never knew that.Thanks for the heads up. I will have to do this next time I am going to pig out..lol
  • MTGirl
    Options
    Yeah - I thought that it was interesting that exercising before increased fat burning, which I knew, but that not exercising actually decreased the fat burning when you "eat extra" lol.