Will my boobs shrink?

Options

Replies

• jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    They might.

However, speaking as a man, for the entirety of my sex, we really don't mind at all. Deep inside, we all love every boob of every size imaginable.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    LOL I hope mine do.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was a 38DD. Lost 45 lbs and now I am a 34DD. The girls are still there, just not as thick around! LOL
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    lol @ "problem"

lol it's a problem when your back hurts every day
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I sure hope mine do! I know that might sound nuts to some people, but before I had my 3rd child I was a D cup, while I was nursing her I got measured for some new bras and I about slapped the girl when she said my new size was 36F!!! I thought my size would go back after I finished nursing, but it stayed exactly the same, and now when I gain weight it shows there first. It definately makes it harder when shopping for clothing.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Yes they will shrink, but you will look better.
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    I went from a 44 JJ to 40 long! I had a bilateral breast reduction due to back and neck problems...big boobs aren't all they are cracked up to be! When I put on weight, that is where it goes! Makes me angry. And it is the last place I loose weight from. Annoying! But at least they are happy and healthy boobies. I am blessed.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    well ive lost 13lbs so far and i am losing my double d''s! i was hoping i cud safe them!! i love my boobs!!
  • lunula76
    Options
    I was worried too. I have lost about 40 lbs and my cup size hasn't changed but my ribcage measurement has. Was a 38DD now a 34DD. So everything stayed proportional.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yeah, Ive gone down from a 36D to about a 34C. Its nice in some ways, because I dont bulge out everywhere anymore, but they look so small to me when I'm naked now.
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My band and cup size has dropped after 50 pound loss.
  • Elizabeth2point0
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand how they went up a size...Generally (although not definitely!) if band width changes, the cup will, too.. Perhaps it was the type of bra you bought- different brands/styles can fit you differently.. The majority of women are not wearing the right bra size. Have you been sized by a professional? Many women think that they're __X large, but when they're sized correctly their cup size goes up and their band size goes down..

(Oh, I also want to point out that F cups are not really THAT large.. They are, but they're not.. They look larger on a larger person because there's so much band width - which is what makes them look so large-, but on someone of an "average" weight, they're fairly proportionate..)
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Let's hope so. I'm a 38F. I want them to shrink not droop!!!!
  • sauntryk
    sauntryk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are exercises that focus on the bust area and back area, which will definately help tone and give you back muscle to support your boobs. Aerobic excersice helps as well.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Being that boobs are are mainly fat and some breast tissue, it makes sense that when you lose fat from your body, some will be from the breast.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not in any position to offer a meaningful comment here but 46DDD. I had to chime in on general principle for all my brethren. Good lawd!!!!!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    After losing 50 pounds, I went from a 42B to a 34D. Apparently, I lost a lot of weight around my ribcage and back, but nothing came off my actual breasts. Cup size is pretty much determined by the number of inches difference between the band measurement and the measurement across the center of your breasts.

So, I suppose it makes sense that some women might sound like they got larger, when really they just changed proportions.

Edited to add - I did get a professional fitting this time! I was shocked by my new measurements.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    We're going to need photographic proof of all these size statements, ladies. :devil:

Seriously, they will probably shrink (breast tissue is partly fat cells, isn't it?) But it should be fairly proportional to the rest of your body.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38C to a 34 B so far....Not big to begin with but-I'm sure you'll probably lose some of it
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 27lbs and I have had to go bra shopping twice now because my cup size keeps getting smaller. It does not bother me but my husband doesn't want them to get any smaller. Oh well if they do!