Where can I get some energy?!?

Options
I have been so lethargic lately. When I get home I feel like I've got no energy or motivation to work out. What do y'all do to feel energized? Foods, supplements, etc?

Replies

• klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I am always tired when I get home. Dealing with high schoolers can really wear you down. What I really want to do every day is get into my sweats and take a nap. What I force myself to do is go work out. A run or an exercise video can immediately make me feel more energized. Also, I have noticed that ever since I dropped caffeine from my daily diet, I no longer get the later afternoon crash, I sleep better at night, and I generally feel more alert.
  • PirateJohn
    Options
    I'd see a doctor, personally. There are a lot of treatable medical conditions that can cause lethargy, from depression to low testosterone to a vitamin deficiency.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I had chronic fatigue for a couple of years and have been slowly gaining energy back for another two. I drastically changed my diet 10 days ago when I decided to lose weight and my energy levels have really gone up.

What I did -
    Stopped drinking caffeine drinks
    Sourced as much high nutrient dense food and stuck to just eating that.
    Stopped/Cut down eating/drinking bread products and dairy.

This worked for me perhaps it would suit you to. My diary is open if you want to look.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are getting enough of your macro nutrients, like protein, carbs, fat, fiber, water, etc....

Then, if your food and water intake is good, check out your sleep. Are you getting 8 consecutive hours each night? Are you going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time?

If the food is good, and the sleep is good, the next step is to see your doctor. Personally, I had hypothyroidism, and it is quite common. It could be anything, and knowledge is power.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Drink a Redbull
  • rachf2013
    Options
    Try a sublingual B-12 vitamin supplement. They increase overall energy, and its a natural supplement so no bad side effects.
  • Jaded_GRL
    Options
    i like the new V8 Energy Shots. They taste good. Its a serving of fruits/veggies. A little green tea. The same amount of caffine as a cup of coffee. And lots of potassium and B vitamins. 50 calories
  • maryjay51
    Options
    sublingual vitamin B complex ..i buy it at a health food store and its 12 bucks for two bottles .. whether you are tired or not at least attempt to walk for 20 minutes .. its hard work when you dont want to do it but it does get better eventually
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Drink a Redbull

jackpot
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Red Bull. Gives you wiiiiiings
  • violynne83
    Options
    The sun - nice deep breaths and stretching in the sun always gives me a boost, maybe it's the vitamin D production.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you're eating enough..I can't see your diary, so I can't make a call on that.
    Second, go see your doctor and just have everything checked out.
    Thirdly, if everything checks out and you are in fact eating and drinking enough...you just have to get up and do it...the hardest part of the workout for me is changing my clothes and getting ready. Once I'm doing it, it's as good as done!! :wink:
  • violynne83
    Options
    Oh, and a high dose vitamin always does the trick for me... extra B vitamins.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    :drinker: I get mine from sleep, food, exercise and drinking water!