HOw much H2O do you...

Options
DRINK?? Just wondering how much H20 people drink here everyday? I have seen from 64oz. all the way up to a gallon??!!! :tongue: :happy: How much do you drink?

Replies

• scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    DRINK?? Just wondering how much H20 people drink here everyday? I have seen from 64oz. all the way up to a gallon??!!! :tongue: :happy: How much do you drink?
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I've been trying to drink half my body weight in ounces, which is what lately has been floating around here.
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I definately try to get in at leat 64oz, if I can do more, then even better!
  • bootsnspurs4horses
    Options
    I drink two to three bottles of water at work..its free... they are only 9 oz bottles. but i truly enjoy my brewed unsweet tea. i drink two big 32 oz cups a day. no pop !!

after these posts tho, i need to increase my water intake. it just gets so boring.
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I drink any where from 64 ounces to 72 ounces a day my goal is 64 but if i can overachieve that day I will
  • glancees
    glancees Posts: 13
    Options
    A chiropractor once told me that (from research he had read) the old "8 glasses a day" was too low to maintain health. He said 64 oz (8 glasses) is the bare minimum to keep your body from dying. He recommended half your body weight in oz (ie. you weigh 150, you drink 75 oz) as the healthy minimum. If you are exercising, sweating heavily, trying to lose weight, etc. you should be drinking more. According to him, the more you drink the less water weight you will retain.
    I've been trying to get at least half of my body weight in oz, plus an extra 32 oz. Some days I am really "swimming", but as long as I don't drink any water after 6pm, I'm not up every few hours visiting the toilet.

But that brings up a question: If I drink a whole 32 oz bottle at once (within 5 minutes) is that any less or more effective than drinking that 32 oz over a 30 or 60 minute period?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    No Joke, I have a 22 oz bottle I fill up about 4 times a day. Then for all meals, I have the BIG glasses I use that are about 22-24 oz.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Glancees I can drink a large amount in a small amount of time too. I would think liquid is liquid regardless of the time it takes. I am excited to read this post=very informative!
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I forgot where I heard this.... So I'm not saying its true, I just wanna know others opinions.
    If you drink ice cold water, your body burns calories trying to warm it up? I've actually heard this a few times. Is it true? I obviously drink cold water, but not "ice" cold. I wonder if it makes a difference??
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I drink anywhere from 80-90 ounces of water a day. Somedays more, somedays a little less. I don't drink soda but I do have my one cup of coffee every morning - just before I get on the treadmill.

As for drinking water quickly - just be careful that you're not trying to chug your day's worth of water in a short period of time - it can kill you. It's not something most people need to worry about... but it's good to be aware. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

I would think that your body would respond better to a constant inflow of water vs. a large amount, then a drought. Kind of like eating one large a day - then not eating for the rest...
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I fill two 32 oz. water bottles in the morning. I always finish those and most often go for more. I find water kind of addicting after a while. I don't drink any pop and just one cup of coffee in the morning. Everything else is water,water,water.
    I also heard that drinking cold water is better. I don't do that, but it makes sense that it would be better.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I forgot where I heard this.... So I'm not saying its true, I just wanna know others opinions.
    If you drink ice cold water, your body burns calories trying to warm it up? I've actually heard this a few times. Is it true? I obviously drink cold water, but not "ice" cold. I wonder if it makes a difference??

I saw this on Food Detectives, they had a scientist on and he said your body burns, I think he said about 7 calories a minute to warm the body up after drinking ice water, maybe check it on Food TV to make sure about those numbers.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I fill two 32 oz. water bottles in the morning. I always finish those and most often go for more. I find water kind of addicting after a while. I don't drink any pop and just one cup of coffee in the morning. Everything else is water,water,water.
    I also heard that drinking cold water is better. I don't do that, but it makes sense that it would be better.

Me too...the more I drink the more my body wants! I drink sooooooo much water. Seriously, during the work day, even when I don't work out, I usually fill my 24oz bottle at least 3 times. Usually more. Then at home, I drink more all night. I'm constantly filling up my glass. So I lose count.

From my experience, since I started drinking more water, I have felt bloated much less.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I do at least 8 mostly 10 8 oz glasses of water each day. I read a formula once that showed how many ounces you should have a day based on body weight and type. I have since forgot it, but I remember mine was supposed to be around 10 glasses.
  • glancees
    glancees Posts: 13
    Options
    I just remembered some more advice from the chiropractor about drinking water:
    It's not really related to weight loss, but he recommended NOT drinking any liquid (water or otherwise) within 30 minutes of any meal. He said it waters down your gastric juices and makes digestion less effective (or something like that... it's been a few years). For those who deal with heart burn and gas, this could make a big difference in how they feel. I was dealing with serious acid reflux at the time and I can testify that this helped.
    Also, for what it's worth, he recommended NOT drinking ice cold water. He claimed that room temp. water was less of a shock on your body and would hydrate you better. Not sure about that one, but thought I would toss it out.
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    omg!! i just figured up how many glasses I would have to drink to drink half my weight....I would have to drink 19 glasses of water!! omg!! that is alot!!!
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I do about 14 eight oz glasses a day. I do break if up and I use a 16 oz glass so I get two for one. I find the water really helps. Also, if I'm hungry I start with a glass of water and wait a few minutes before I eat anything. Usually it stops the hunger.
  • nickelmel
    nickelmel Posts: 87
    Options
    I make sure to get in 64oz at work and then i drink water when i go to the gym.
  • wrattlerking
    Options
    I try to drink anywhere between 1 gallon to 1 1/2 galoon a day.
  • katkat
    katkat Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    how did you do your cool walking to paris ticker tape?
    katkat:drinker: