Can anyone help with self sabotage?

Options
Vans
Vans Posts: 388 Member
:grumble: sabotage...that is what I did to myself.....after securing TWO jobs with the economy the way it is.

I hit the ground Running in January....lost 12 pounds. I then started a paid internship and I started stressing. Then started justifying not going to the gym 6 days a week....and then worst of all.....MY DIET....

I cannot believe the stuff I have been letting myself eat....i feel like I need some sort of detox cause I feel so yucky!

Within about a month I gained back 5-7 pounds.....and now I am being soooo harsh on myself because the abs I WAS seeing are so GONE now:sad:

I NEED to stick to something to prove it to myself......I am thinking of doing the 30 day shred then maybe starting P90X

Does anyone have any good ideas or feed back....anything is welcome!!!
Thank you ahead of time:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Vans
    Options
    :grumble: sabotage...that is what I did to myself.....after securing TWO jobs with the economy the way it is.

I hit the ground Running in January....lost 12 pounds. I then started a paid internship and I started stressing. Then started justifying not going to the gym 6 days a week....and then worst of all.....MY DIET....

I cannot believe the stuff I have been letting myself eat....i feel like I need some sort of detox cause I feel so yucky!

Within about a month I gained back 5-7 pounds.....and now I am being soooo harsh on myself because the abs I WAS seeing are so GONE now:sad:

I NEED to stick to something to prove it to myself......I am thinking of doing the 30 day shred then maybe starting P90X

Does anyone have any good ideas or feed back....anything is welcome!!!
    Thank you ahead of time:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you...but I struggle with the same things. I jumped into my new lifestyle head first and swore I'd never look back. I was exercising, sticking to my calories every day, and seeing fabulous results. I took off 68 pounds fairly quickly, but have not been really back on track since Christmas. I have been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for three months now! I thought I had learned enough about good eating habits that I could "relax" a bit at Christmas time, but I never have gotten back on track. Every day is a struggle, and every morning I wake up planning to stick to my calories, and then one thing happens and sets me on a downward spiral. I'm embarrassed and disgusted and have stopped posting on the boards as much as I used to because I don't feel like I am actively trying to pursue a healthy lifestyle right now. I admire you for putting this out there though, and I really hope you get a lot of good feedback and responses that can possibly help both of us!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm sure either of those would be good. They would be good redirections. When you are stressed instead of eating exercise or meditate. I like the eight minute taebo. Because when I let someone piss me off, I can pop it in and it calms me down.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Exercise needs to be a normal part of your day just like sleeping, eating, going to work, using the restroom, calling friends/family, checking your e-mail, etc. It's not something you have to 'make time for'. It's already there. Make time for watching TV, or painting your nails, or sitting on your bum. Exercise and eating right need to be made into habits like everything else that's essential to your day.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you keep track of everything you are eating, and log all of your exercise and weight loss, you will see a difference and it should motivate you more because you are seeing results. You know that you can do it, because you did it before. Just stay strong! :)
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    I do this to myself also. I'll lose about 20 pounds and then backslide until I end right back where I started. The best advice I heard was that everyday you have to make a conscious decision to change and renew that commitment every day. I used to resent the fact that I would have to watch what I eat my entire life. Now I look at it as a necessary evil. It really helped to listen to Jillian Michaels' podcasts. You can search for KFI AM 640 on Itunes. Her show comes on on Sunday. Here is someone who is in absolutely fabulous shape and she said that she hates working out and she hates counting calories but she does it because she loves the result. You may never be one of those people who enjoy the process (I know I'm not), but keep your eyes on the prize. Think about what you want and focus on that when you are deciding whether to reach for fruit or a doughnut. For me, it's having a family. The doctor says I should not even contemplate pregnancy until i lose some weight. What is it for you?
  • Vans
    Options
    thank you for the responses!! :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you...but I struggle with the same things. I jumped into my new lifestyle head first and swore I'd never look back. I was exercising, sticking to my calories every day, and seeing fabulous results. I took off 68 pounds fairly quickly, but have not been really back on track since Christmas. I have been losing and gaining the same 3 pounds for three months now! I thought I had learned enough about good eating habits that I could "relax" a bit at Christmas time, but I never have gotten back on track. Every day is a struggle, and every morning I wake up planning to stick to my calories, and then one thing happens and sets me on a downward spiral. I'm embarrassed and disgusted and have stopped posting on the boards as much as I used to because I don't feel like I am actively trying to pursue a healthy lifestyle right now. I admire you for putting this out there though, and I really hope you get a lot of good feedback and responses that can possibly help both of us!

would it help to plan your meals a day before? then the "things" don't come up and wreck it. or give yourself a sticker (i do!) for each day you stay in your calories (or maybe over by x amount and reduce that each week). i like getting stickers (even tho i am a 37 y.o. mom of three :laugh: )
    you've come so far, so even just getting back to the small changes will help bring you closer to your goals. every day, move forward.
    congrats on what you've achieved so far!:flowerforyou: