How should I go about exercising?

Options
I don't have access to any kind of equipment, and I'm very busy, so I try to get in like 20 or 30 minutes a day of calisthenics. Does anyone have any kinda of routine that has worked for them? I DO have a treadmill, but right now it is in the back of a closet, and we don't have any room for it anywhere else. My parents are supposed to clean out the guest room so that it is accessible, but until then, I need to examine my other options. Any suggestions?

Replies

• iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't have access to any kind of equipment, and I'm very busy, so I try to get in like 20 or 30 minutes a day of calisthenics. Does anyone have any kinda of routine that has worked for them? I DO have a treadmill, but right now it is in the back of a closet, and we don't have any room for it anywhere else. My parents are supposed to clean out the guest room so that it is accessible, but until then, I need to examine my other options. Any suggestions?
  • jaymee85
    jaymee85 Posts: 20
    Options
    Run/walk outside or find a local high school track to run/walk around. If you have a bike you can ride your bike. Also, there are several great motivating workout videos available.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    P90X!!!!!:drinker: It requires very little room and very little equipment- pull-up bar that fits over door frame (Iron Gym ~$30), resistance bands or free weights. I'm beginning week 3 tomorrow and LOVE it!!! It combines resistance routines alternated with cardio.:heart:
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    workout videos, if you have cable and on demand videos available, there are a lot of choices on there, or i get them from netflix, or i have heard people say they get videos from the library as well.

or if you have a wii there are a few games geared towards exercise on there as well.

those are what i do in addition to my treadmill.
  • imcrystal
    imcrystal Posts: 21
    Options
    I do Turbo Jam. I've tried just about all of the DVD's out there...and I keep coming back to this one. The first couple of workouts are 20 min or less and you definitely get a good workout. No equipment to buy - just the videos. My husband is a Beachbody coach and does P90X - he is getting amazing results with that as well. I get bored after about 20 min - so that's why the Turbo Jam is good for me. Plus - you HAVE to find something you love or you just won't stick with it!!