I think I'm finally getting it!

Options
Hi all. Just wanted to share a small, if not all that measurable, success that I've had. For whatever reason, and I'm not exactly sure what it is "this time," I think I'm finally understanding how to make this weight loss stuff work for me. I've been at it for 6 weeks now (this time, lol), and my goal has simply been to lose 2 pounds per week. I got the Body Bugg, which has been AWESOME for me. It totally takes my focus off the scale and puts it on my calorie deficit. Definitely recommended to anyone. I've always been kind of backwards in the way I tried to lose weight. If I was going to the gym, I didn't want to eat junk because I didn't want to waste my time from the gym. But it I wasn't going to the gym, for some reason it was easier to cheat. Hey, I didn't say it was logical. This time, I started with the changes to my eating, and then after 2 or 3 weeks, I added more exercise. I truly see it as a long-term process, finally! Tonight, I just allowed myself my first real treat in 6 weeks. It was ice cream. And damn if I didn't eat it right out of the 1/2 cup measuring cup, lol! Must have looked stupid, but I ate only that one serving, and I enjoyed the hell out of it too. And it totally fit with my daily calories, so it was all good from a mental/emotional standpoint too. Even when I think I should have lost more than I actually did, it doesn't really upset me. I know I'm putting in the work and doing a good job. I just need to stick with it for the next 15 months or so. Well, for life really...
Moral of the story: not really sure, but I sure do feel excited!

Replies

• RNLeslie
    RNLeslie Posts: 150
    Options
    Hi all. Just wanted to share a small, if not all that measurable, success that I've had. For whatever reason, and I'm not exactly sure what it is "this time," I think I'm finally understanding how to make this weight loss stuff work for me. I've been at it for 6 weeks now (this time, lol), and my goal has simply been to lose 2 pounds per week. I got the Body Bugg, which has been AWESOME for me. It totally takes my focus off the scale and puts it on my calorie deficit. Definitely recommended to anyone. I've always been kind of backwards in the way I tried to lose weight. If I was going to the gym, I didn't want to eat junk because I didn't want to waste my time from the gym. But it I wasn't going to the gym, for some reason it was easier to cheat. Hey, I didn't say it was logical. This time, I started with the changes to my eating, and then after 2 or 3 weeks, I added more exercise. I truly see it as a long-term process, finally! Tonight, I just allowed myself my first real treat in 6 weeks. It was ice cream. And damn if I didn't eat it right out of the 1/2 cup measuring cup, lol! Must have looked stupid, but I ate only that one serving, and I enjoyed the hell out of it too. And it totally fit with my daily calories, so it was all good from a mental/emotional standpoint too. Even when I think I should have lost more than I actually did, it doesn't really upset me. I know I'm putting in the work and doing a good job. I just need to stick with it for the next 15 months or so. Well, for life really...
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    It is exciting to find out that you can control your eating. That the Debbie Cake is not your master anymore. :laugh:
    Congratulations!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    LeslieS - LOVE your post ~ I totally agree - we should've written ours together tonight!:laugh:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    good for you! keep it up and keep changing that ticker!
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    that's great you feel like you're making it work! and good that you rewarded yourself but stayed in your calorie limit :smile: that's always good. then you don't feel bad for rewarding yourself.

I'm almost 3 weeks in, making it at least twice as long as I usually do, and I feel like I've finally got it too. I'm determined to stick to it and make it work this time so I can finally get smaller. I'm tired of being big and that's what keeps me going. I hope I'm still in this frame of mind at 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months, etc.
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    Great job on sticking with it so far! We can totally do this!
  • RNLeslie
    Options
    And thanks for the encouragement everyone! I hope it helps someone else who is struggling!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great. Keep it up. :flowerforyou:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Its nice to hear that. I am so glad everything is working out as planned for you. I just always think If I had a "bad" week where I didn't lose as much as I wanted. I get to try harder the next week. I think that just really keeps me motivated. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!