feel like i'm about to cry

Options
do you ever have those fat days? where you try everything in your closet and nothing looks good because your so FAT!?!?!

okay, well, if you couldn't guess, today was one of those days for me. and all of a sudden, i have this completely irrational fear that my scale is lying and that i'm actually not losing weight. i have these jeans that are pretty tight. i washed them, let them air dry, tried to put them on and they were even tighter than usual! please for the love of god someone tell me that drying them alone causes them to shrink!

okay, i'm done complaining. i apologize for taking up space on the message boards just to b****.

Replies

• omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    do you ever have those fat days? where you try everything in your closet and nothing looks good because your so FAT!?!?!

okay, well, if you couldn't guess, today was one of those days for me. and all of a sudden, i have this completely irrational fear that my scale is lying and that i'm actually not losing weight. i have these jeans that are pretty tight. i washed them, let them air dry, tried to put them on and they were even tighter than usual! please for the love of god someone tell me that drying them alone causes them to shrink!

okay, i'm done complaining. i apologize for taking up space on the message boards just to b****.
  • momnmore
    momnmore Posts: 20
    Options
    It has been my experience that my jeans shrink in the wash even if I don't put them in the dryer. I think it's just that while wearing them I stretch them out nicely and then they go back into their shape, but it is not as stretched out. I understand "Fat" days because I've had way too many of them lately. I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated, but don't give up. Avoid salt, increase water, and wait it out. It will get better!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Jeans can definitely feel tight after a wash. Even though most of my jeans are too big in the waist now, I still have to do a few stretches and squats and stuff to loosen them up a bit. I also two identical pair of jeans (one dark wash and one light) but the light pair are a little tighter than the dark. So maybe you're just used to how some other pants fit and the tighter ones feel weird.

If you've had too much sodium you could be retaining water and feel bloated, or if it close to that TOM....don't worry, we all still have those days. Put on some pants that are much loser so you can get past this day of feeling fat and tomorrow is a new day.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    yes, i work in fashion and I know all about the effects on washing clothes. Denim will shrink even when air dried(but you should ALWAYS air dry them) the dryer can cause damage and significant shrikage. You should also not wash them in water that is too hot. Don't feel too bad, put them on and do a few stretches and in an hr you'll be fine!
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Jeans shrink becomes tight after washing even when air dried. Go by other barometers to measure how you feel. Like your energy, your tape measurements, how you can lift a heavier weight now than before, you can walk 60 mins vs only 10 mins before. Keep your focus on these will lift your spirits.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yes dear we all have. I use that as a motivator to get me going.
    But then you have to understand that as a women there are going to be times when we are bloated. From what we eat or That time of month.
    We are also SO hard on ourselves. We need to understand that we are a work in progress, that you may not be where you are wanting to be yet, but you are ON THE WAY! and if you keep at it you will get where you want to be. TRUST ME! It happens, Not overnight, but it will start and when it does there will be NO STOPPING YOU! and you will then understand that you are a strong and powerful woman!
    :flowerforyou:
    BECAUSE DEAR!!! YOU ARE A STRONG AND POWERFUL WOMAN!
    --Diann...