loose skin.

Options
after having babies i am dealing with my belly a bit. i would like to have a better idea of what i should be working on to try and rid some of this loose belly skin. everyone i have talked to has said there is nothing i can do for it and surgery is the only option. i find that hard to believe since i have seen so many sucessful people on this website reach their goals. if anyone has any advice on the types of workouts or something of the like, please share your wisdom. thank you.

Replies

• RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    I wish I had a positive answer for you, but I'm afraid there really is nothing that cane be done.

I, too have skin hanging from my belly since having my daughter and losing weight. It even folds over near the hip bones. Not cute, to say the least. I must admit, it's discouraging. Dieting, cardio, resistance training, ab workouts...nothing works. In fact, as I lose more weight I gain more overhang!

I asked my ObGyn. He said the only way to get rid of it is to get a tummy tuck.

I asked my dermatologist. Ditto.

I asked my friend who is a personal trainer. Same thing.

I'm in the same boat as you; surgery is just not an option. The risk of infection is just too high with a tummy tuck, and the scar (from hip to hip) is not something I want to live with. So, I keep buying control top pantyhose.

Sigh.
  • sunflowerhcb
    Options
    I too have the same issue.

My mom also had the same thing, but worse. She had a very sucessful tummy tuck. She had a lot of problems with infection and was in a large amount of pain after surgery.

I too wish I knew of something to help.