My hot boyfriend is ruining my diet!!!

Options
My boyfriend is amazing!!! Sweet, romantic, good to me, sexy, and even cooks and cleans. Trouble is that he is ruining my diet!! He cooks and it isn't always the healthiest and then he wants me to eat with him. Because he is slim and trim he doesn't have to monitor everything he puts in his mouth, but me on the other hand, I can look at a pork chop and gain 10 pounds. I don't know how to tell him without hurting his feelings and I find myself slipping off my diet and then feeling horrible later!!!:sad:

Replies

• southern_gurl
    Options
    My boyfriend is amazing!!! Sweet, romantic, good to me, sexy, and even cooks and cleans. Trouble is that he is ruining my diet!! He cooks and it isn't always the healthiest and then he wants me to eat with him. Because he is slim and trim he doesn't have to monitor everything he puts in his mouth, but me on the other hand, I can look at a pork chop and gain 10 pounds. I don't know how to tell him without hurting his feelings and I find myself slipping off my diet and then feeling horrible later!!!:sad:
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    Show him your MFP. Let him see your goals and your profile. Then he will know that you are serious about losing weight and this can start the discussion on his cooking. Good luck
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I agree, if he likes cooking he can experiment with new healthy meals as well! I think you should just be honest with him.
  • emkc
    emkc Posts: 6
    Options
    haha i have the SAME problem. I still can't understand how he can eat 4 double cheeseburgers in under 10 minutes (yes, it happens on a semi-regular basis) and doesn't gain a pound. I've told him about how serious I am about losing weight and told him how much his support means to me (including when it comes to eating together). He can help you stay on track by taking you places with healthy options or making healthy dinners together. If you're somewhat sensitive like I am, let him know that there's a right way and a wrong way to tell you to put down the ice cream and get on a treadmill...haha that will also help you avoid any fights... If he knows from the get-go what this means to you and how he can help you constructively, I'm sure he'll be more than willing to help you out =]
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Right there with you except when the BF is here is LOVES to go to Happy Hours!! Ugh! Luckily, his metabolism isn't what it used to be so he's ready to get on board now as well.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    Can you try to have a little bit with a big fat salad?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

Well, if he's a good guy (which it sounds like he is) and you approach the topic without anger or any bad emotions, I think he'll be more receptive to healthier cooking than you think. All you need to do is explain to him that you're not just looking to drop weight but looking to eat a little healthier, then offer him some places to go or resources to use for cooking. For instance the Hungry girl cookbook, or the "eat this, not that" book. Buy women's health magazine and tear out some of the recipe pages (or even Men's health).

Give him some alternatives, and put it in a way that will give him the opportunity to help you instead of just telling him you can't eat his food. I think if you do this he will be more than happy to help you out.