Does the scale

Options
Give YOU personally the same results in the morning vs the evening?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Not even close. I can go up 5 lbs. I rarely ever get the same number in the night as in the morning.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Nope. At the end of my day it's weighing my body along with any food/beverages I've had through the day.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't have a clue as I only weigh myself once a week......................
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks....I know that the morning seems to be the most accurate but I was just wondering if it was th e same for anyone
  • ebonyb202
    Options

I've been trying to stick to that but turns out its quite a task lol
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Never. Like others have said, it's because I've eaten and drank fluids, which adds to body weight. That's why you always weigh in first thing in the morning (or at least stick to a routine of when you weigh in so the circumstances are the same). :smile:
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    actually mine stays pretty much consistant except right after meals lol
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    No!!! If I weigh in at night, if the # on the scale is close to the # it was in the morning when I weighed in, then I know there will be a loss the next morning. Otherwise. It's usually a pound or 2 higher at night than it is in the morning.

Don't let it get to you. It's normal.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Nope. In the morning my stomach is empty. At night if I were to weigh myself, I'd also be weighing all of the food and liquid I've ingested.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Mine differ last I checked. I always weigh in the morning after I handle my "business". I weight daily on the wii fit so I can get a nice line graph to check my trending. I don't care about the daily fluctuations because as soon as I weight I look at the "big picture" with the bar graph with almost 1100 daily weigh ins logged.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I haven't bothered to look - I assume that it will vary wildly depending on what I've had to eat/drink, how much exercise, whether I've just been to the bathroom etc.....
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    what is the point of weighing yourself again at night?
  • megganjana
    megganjana Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I've been trying to stick to that but turns out its quite a task lol

I can't keep myself from waiting, I don't usually last a full week.
  • fantabuloushoney
    Options
    Morning weight checks are most accurate. Water weight, food, and such alter the scales during the day.
  • ebonyb202
    Options

sometimes I like to double check the scale just to make sure its the same. The scale I have now scares me...I'll step on it...it'll say 86, I step it on again....it'll say 82/83....I do it again for like 3 times and it reads 82/83....so I like to check it often to see if it says the same thing. and also if I forget to weigh myself in the morning...which is what has been happening for the past 4 days
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

I am curious. I like to see how things affect my weight. I sometimes weigh after the gym or a run. Or sometimes before bed just to see what the difference is over night. I don't log it or count it towards anything, just sheer curiousity.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

sometimes I like to double check the scale just to make sure its the same. The scale I have now scares me...I'll step on it...it'll say 86, I step it on again....it'll say 82/83....I do it again for like 3 times and it reads 82/83....so I like to check it often to see if it says the same thing. and also if I forget to weigh myself in the morning...which is what has been happening for the past 4 days
    Mine does that too, it's so annoying! and how tall are you? that's tiny!
  • ebonyb202
    Options

now you know I took the extra number off for shame lol I'm 5'7 and its 282....but yeah I was told it needs to calibrate
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

now you know I took the extra number off for shame lol I'm 5'7 and its 282....but yeah I was told it needs to calibrate
    oh sorry lol, I really thought you weighed that little!