673 lb woman! This is no joke!

Options
Ralstonk2
Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
Wow. Just watched this on Nightline! My jaw was dropped and in shock from seeing her! I cried! Watch this video! Even though she had surgery it's very inspiring. She still had to make that decision on her own. Good for her finally.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/texas-woman-loses-500-pounds-15478484

I hope the address works. If it doesn't, look up 600 lb woman from Texas.

Replies

• Juliette320
    Juliette320 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Is this going to be on TLC or was it on it? Is it the same Woman? Lol the link wouldn't come up bc I'm On mobile.
  • DecemberNick
    DecemberNick Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's unreal. Even losing the healthy 1-2 pounds a week, she would still be horrendously overweight after dieting for 3 years.
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's unreal. Even losing the healthy 1-2 pounds a week, she would still be horrendously overweight after dieting for 3 years.

She probably lost more than 1-2 lbs per week. In the beginning, any slight change will probably cause her to lose A LOT more than that in the beginning. Besides, she had surgery, so I'm pretty sure she would have lost more than that per week for a while.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What a great ending
    she lost 500 pounds!

I cannot believe she was so mobile at that weight. Imagine the discomfort.
    Surely the operation saved her life. Curious about her life now.
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational story. It was very touching to see her with her daughter and I'm sure that played a huge role in her decision to have the surgery. What a blessing! Thanks for sharing this story! I'm going to look for this story on TLC as well.:happy:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I love this. Good for her.
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    :( I saw a preview for this and almost didn't want to watch as I am a crier. kudos to her for taking control of her life!
  • chugglebunny
    Options
    Has it already aired in the states then? Can anyone suggest a link for us in the UK to watch it online perhaps? I'd be very interested. Thats an amazing weightloss, but I couldn't imagine what it takes to get that far before realising you had to do something about it.
  • LA723
    LA723 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    The video just stopped & went to the next one after she was leaving the hospital?? Anyone know where I can watch her story? That man making fun of her at the store is terrible. I cannot believe grown adults act like that. Ugh!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    The video just stopped & went to the next one after she was leaving the hospital?? Anyone know where I can watch her story? That man making fun of her at the store is terrible. I cannot believe grown adults act like that. Ugh!

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=2.13700.56731.42914.0
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    http://www.670kboi.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=116&itemid=29792972

this is an ARTICLE, i.e. words, no video
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    You hear about something like this and then you read about the woman in New Jersey who is TRYING *willingly of course* to become the Guiness Book of World Records holder for being the fattest woman alive. I think she consumes upwards of over 40,000 calories a day. AND she has a young daughter, I believe 3 or 4 years old. I think there was some debate amongst child advocate officials to try and have her daughter removed from her care because it was like child abuse, the situation she was currently in. So sad what people do, just to try and become "famous." Good luck to this woman --- I wish she'd have words with the NJ woman but sometimes people just lack total common sense.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is so awesome.
  • karissasue
    karissasue Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/melissa-morris-reclaims-life-500-pound-weight-loss-15478556

- this is the interview with her afterwards, she tells everything. She looks incredible!!
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    This is on tonight on TLC at 9:00
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You hear about something like this and then you read about the woman in New Jersey who is TRYING *willingly of course* to become the Guiness Book of World Records holder for being the fattest woman alive. I think she consumes upwards of over 40,000 calories a day. AND she has a young daughter, I believe 3 or 4 years old. I think there was some debate amongst child advocate officials to try and have her daughter removed from her care because it was like child abuse, the situation she was currently in. So sad what people do, just to try and become "famous." Good luck to this woman --- I wish she'd have words with the NJ woman but sometimes people just lack total common sense.
    Don't be so hard on her. Don't you think she'd have to have some mental health problems to do this to her body on purpose? It's not just a matter of common sense.
  • P_atty9
    P_atty9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Her name is Mellisa Shackart Morris she is my daughter in laws cousin. It was very emotional we all cried when we watched it. My daughter in law Kayla Schackart Thompson was on there as well it was when Mellisa came home to Ohio for Texas and they were at her dads house and all the family went to celebrate with her. She was also on Good Morning America and on Night Line. She is a Great Inspiration to me.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the nightline show had, but the TLC one showed that even after getting to 150 pounds, she let herself get back over 200 pounds. It's a constant struggle with or without surgery. I believe they ended it with her around 180 pounds? She's definitely an inspiration.
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What a mental struggle this must have been!! I'm speechless! I hope she stays the course and Passes that positive change onto your beautiful daughter!
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I'm glad she finally realized it. I watched the link but I wish it showed the progress after that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!