Need some advice

Options
I need to incorporate some good cardio in my daily routine, but I had some pretty significant injuries to my left knee/ ankle a few months ago and still not quite over them yet. what would you guys recommend for some really good low impact cardio that would take the stress off my leg?

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I have weak knees thanks to genetics and I found the best cardio to be from the elliptical.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Id say either a recumbent bike or an elliptical. I really enjoy the treadmill at the gym...but my knees really don't like it and let me know...ouch! The elliptical gives a similar kind of motion, but less stress on my knees. Hope that can work for you too.
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have weak knees thanks to genetics and I found the best cardio to be from the elliptical.

This is what my doctor told me. Unfortunately I hate the elliptical. Oh well....
  • rjingalls
    Options
    Yeah, I really like running on the treadmill to but it does kill my leg. When i use the eliptical i feel super awkward, could be from my height. The worst part about this is that I signed up to run a 10k that is in 3 weeks haha, its going to be horrible on my knee!
    Thanks for the responses guys!
  • Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Swimming :)
  • SwissRiviera
    Options
    You can focus on the upper body, with arm bikes, punching a bag from a chair, modified chair aerobics. Wishing you continued healing!
  • mattkellett
    Options
    Any of the guys I have played football with , after and even before surgery would all be riding the bike. Great for low impact and ROM ( range of motion). Drive your knee straight over your toes, and giver!!!!!

Hope this helps
  • holliph
    holliph Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my first question would be has the doctor released you for exercise? if so, I would continue with what physical therapy exercises that was recommended daily to keep the area nice and limber. Then for low impact someone mentioned swimming which is great, so is the elliptical and precor has a new machine that is a cross trainer ( I loved this when I was still at a standard gym). I know from personal experience what it is like to want to continue on with exercising and not being able to due to injury but make sure you listen to your doctor and your body.