splurge

Options
today i took the day off and didn't exercise at all.. just worked and you know what i was so hungry all day long! i went way over my 1200 calories.. its so weird because on my rest days i get super hungry and on my workout days i definitely don't have as much of an appetite.. i guess all in all this one day of splurging isn't going to kill me.. once and awhile its okay.. right? I mean especially if your splurging on healthy things!

Replies

• cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    today i took the day off and didn't exercise at all.. just worked and you know what i was so hungry all day long! i went way over my 1200 calories.. its so weird because on my rest days i get super hungry and on my workout days i definitely don't have as much of an appetite.. i guess all in all this one day of splurging isn't going to kill me.. once and awhile its okay.. right? I mean especially if your splurging on healthy things!
  • kymcgill
    kymcgill Posts: 13
    Options
    If you don't do it once in a while, you will get to the point that you do it all the time. Too much of a good thing is bad.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I don't think that splurging is a bad thing, it's not knowing when you are splurging too much that is a bad thing.

Every so often we should treat ourselves to the things we like and don't have on a daily basis. Splurge but stick to recommended servings and choose your treat wisely.

I read some where (wish I could remember where) that complete and total depreivation of things we like/love isn't a good thing. It can lead to binge eating which is much worse.

I say have a little cake or chocolate once in while but remember the old saying a moment on the lips is a life time on the hips :laugh:

Do what is right for you :flowerforyou:
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In a lot of diets and even on the Biggest Loser (which they dont advertise all the time) that states that we should choose 1 day a week when we eat what ever we want.

The reasons are -
    1) if you eat small every day, then your body gets used to eating small and it slows your metabolism. If you have a splurge one day a week, it shocks your system and your metabolism jump up and therefore we loose weight.
    2) Plus if I deprive myself from now onwards, I will cheat and splurge completely and go off my diet.

So I choose Saturday as my splurge day and I spend Sunday burning the excess calories.
  • cmstief
    cmstief Posts: 59
    Options
    awesome! thanks for the help guys! im definitely going to make sundays my splurge days!