Healthy and Low Calorie Dinner Ideas

Options
Just looking for some dinner ideas! I get stuck sometimes and that is when im most likely to break my calories :(

Please help!

Replies

• marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am always looking for ideas as well. I wish more people showed their food diary's so I could get ideas. I'm still figuring this out, but I will look thru my recipes and see what ideas I can share.
  • mis251190
    Options
    Alot of my dinners lately have been the usual like steak and salad and have been boring! So im looking for some really nice low calorie stuff!!
  • BlooQKazoo
    Options
    You can check out my Pinterest board! (I think you can access it without having an account.) I have a ton of recipes saved on there, most of them below 250 calories. Good luck!

http://pinterest.com/DeLuxe/there-is-no-sincerer-love-than-the-love-of-food/
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Just had the best cauliflower soup - low calories (61 for a large serve) and very filling. 2 sliced onions, chopped head of cauliflower, 1 litre of campbells real chicken stock. Throw it all in a pot (no need to fry onions), leave to simmer on very low for 45 minutes to an hour. Pop it in food processor and give it a whizz until creamy. Fabulous. No need to add cream or milk as it's very creamy. Serves 4 and freezes beautifully.

Note: this isn't the only thing I would have for dinner :)
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I have the biggest loser family cokbook, and that is where I get most of my dinner meals from! It's great cause even the kids like most of them and they are all low calorie! I highly recommend it!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Try this site .. i love this place

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like to do a breakfast for dinner- egg whites/lots of veggies/veggie sausage (or meat)/a bit of low fat cheese... This ends up having tons of protein, some healthy fat and so good with hot sauce...

Scramble all this in a pan and it's 293 calories, 35g of Protein, and only 19g carbs... add a green salad, maybe some toast, SO good!

1/2c egg whites (60cal)
    1 whole egg (70 cal)
    2c. mushrooms (30 cal)
    1c. chopped peppers (40 cal)
    1/2 italian veggie sausage
    1tsp becel (20cal)
  • asofterversion
    Options
    I have a blog (carrotsandcream.wordpress.com) that focuses on healthy eating. I may convert it to a blog on here. I think it would help more people! Here's a recipe from Jamie Eason that I often eat for snacks or meals with veggies and brown rice! Feel free to adapt it to your liking.

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
    * 3 egg whites
    * 1 cup quick cooking oats (I like crushed up garlic croutons)
    * 1/2 tsp ground cumin +
    * 1/2 tsp dried thyme
    * 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
    * 2 tsp black pepper
    * 2 tsp chili pepper flakes
    * 1 tsp salt
    * 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
    * 1 small onion (finely chopped)
    * 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
    *celery salt, garlic salt, green onions to taste

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
    3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
    4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
    5. Bake for 40 minutes.

*Tip – bake one muffin or fry a piece of the mixture on the stove top to test if the seasonings are to your liking.