first day today, help. so many questions

Options
Today was day 1 for me with counting calories. I have so many questions. I will begin doing p90x tomorrow and jogging . I have SO MANY questions! First off I was hungry a lot today so I ste a little over what I'm supposed to eat, I ate 100 calories more. What happens if I eat a little less? Do I just need to meet my calories or also fat and everything else? I'm on a 1200 calorie diet. I need to loose baby weight from both pregnancies. 28lbs but want to loose 30lbs. Another question, how can I log my p90x workouts? It doesn't have the name p90x. It seems harder than I thought lol. Also, if I'm hungry most of the time, should I jus kind of get a little used to it? Or eat? First time on a diet... I'm having this bet with my husband lol, every pound either of us looses we will get 100$ I really want to beet him. Please give me advice. Today's schedule was...

10am-meal replacement (YOR Health)
12pm- 6 in sandwich subway(chicken breast) I cheated a little w half a soda from subway(which when I added my calories at end of day realized, I'm never doing that again lol because I went over.)
2pm- 1 serving of pecans
4pm- other 6 in of subway sandwich

I drank 6 and a half 8oz cups of water total.

Replies

• Jessaustx
    Options
    First I would say that you really need to try and drink at least 8 cups of water every day, if not more. Also, any sandwich, especially subway is going to have a lot of calories and carbs for bread - think how thick that sandwich is. And having it twice in one day isn't do you any favors, and probably not on your sodium count either.
    The thing that is going to fill you up is protein, you need to eat more lean proteins - they are low cal and won't leave you feeling hungry. Eat with some fruits or veggies and believe me, you will have plenty of calories for the day
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you went over. I eat around 1200-1300 calories per day and I seem to eat alot more then you. Pick more filling choices.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Whatever the weight loss per week you entered in your goals in conjunction with your BMR determines your daily calories. It takes 3500 calories per pound, so, if your BMR ( calories it takes you to get through a normal day) is 2200 cals. And you are on a 1200 cal. Allotment, then you are 7000 cals. In deficit for the week, or 2 lbs. if you exceed your daily cals., you are still well below your BMR so you should still lose weight, but not as quickly, as long as you weren't 1000 cals. Over every day. If you go 500 over per day, you'd only lose 1 lb. per day.

For every calorie you burn in exercise, you can, and some people say you should, eat those calories back, in other words, add them to your 1200 daily cals. Let's say you burn 500 cals. In a workout, you should eat 1700 cals. That day (normal 1200+exercise 500).

I'm surprised P90x is not in there, but if you can equate it to vigorous aerobics or something else you can come up with an estimate.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits and vegetables. Drink more water. When you feel hungry, drink a glass of water. If after15 minutes you are still hungry, eat something healthy like a salad.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Whatever the weight loss per week you entered in your goals in conjunction with your BMR determines your daily calories. It takes 3500 calories per pound, so, if your BMR ( calories it takes you to get through a normal day) is 2200 cals. And you are on a 1200 cal. Allotment, then you are 7000 cals. In deficit for the week, or 2 lbs. if you exceed your daily cals., you are still well below your BMR so you should still lose weight, but not as quickly, as long as you weren't 1000 cals. Over every day. If you go 500 over per day, you'd only lose 1 lb. per day.

For every calorie you burn in exercise, you can, and some people say you should, eat those calories back, in other words, add them to your 1200 daily cals. Let's say you burn 500 cals. In a workout, you should eat 1700 cals. That day (normal 1200+exercise 500).

I'm surprised P90x is not in there, but if you can equate it to vigorous aerobics or something else you can come up with an estimate.

This is utterly false. Do not listen to this guy.

BMR is the absolute lowest calorie intake you need for vital organs to get their nutrients "While in a coma or bedridden"

To get a proper BMR count youll need body fat %.
    Go to this website http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ and do the body fat calculator then the BMR tool.

The BMR tool will give you calculations of different calories to eat depending on your activity level.
    Eat exactly what the tool tells you to in order to lose fat and not lean mass.
    Set macros to 30% protein 40% carbs 30% fats and youll do fine.
    PM me if you need guidance.

=D
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I don't see how you went over. I eat around 1200-1300 calories per day and I seem to eat alot more then you. Pick more filling choices.

Totally agree with her ... Pick more filling choices. and drink more water... good luck .. and try not to skip adding your food on this app .. it helps me to keep track what i aam eating and how much more i can eat or cant eat ..