• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just starting the thread. . .
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Today is Bikram at 5:30.

I hate Mondays. They're my early day, and they're long. I'm always tired when I get home from teaching, and still have a workout and project work to get in. I may need a power nap to keep going today, as I could not get to sleep last night. I think my afternoon decaf wasn't.:noway: I was up until 2, and had to get up at 6. Bad news for me.

Anyways, my intention for the day:

hydrate
    vitamins
    Bikram
    project work.
    power nap boogaloo.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Howdy.
    Not so chipper today. I really hate colds. Day two and it seems I've already been sick for about a week.
    I didn't test my push ups yesterday. Just didn't have strength. I will move up a level or two today. I did get to sleep in a little this morning. This cold is wiping me out so I may have to have a nap this afternoon.
    Today:
    lots of water(should be easy with a sore throat)
    rest
    play with Alex
    maybe walk or play on the wii for a bit
    Eat less
    I have really blown it the last few days. I need help. I'm a mess. lol
    Have a good day pebbles.
    MM
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello all. We start our challenge at work this week to try and get in 10,000 steps and 5 cups of fruits/veggies a day. I need to go look up all the step conversions for activities, because I definitely don't get that many steps on a regular day! I do pretty well on the fruits/veggies as long as I am thinking about it.

So I got my strength routine in this morning, and am going to aerobics after work. I skimped a bit on yoga last night - only did 15 minutes. But it's better than nothing, and it was all I thought I could manage without sacrificing bedtime too much.

This week I am going to focus on water, bedtime, and continuing to watch my portion sizes. I may start counting calories again next week if I don't lose anything this week. I am finding myself wanting to poke around in the kitchen for snacks when I am stressed out. I need a better way to deal with it.

Monday :yawn: boogaloo!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Take care of yourselves, people - don't push it when you are sick - I would never do push-ups with a cold.

CP - I still have my step diet book around here somewhere with all the conversions. I know that I do the following: cycling & aerobics: 150 steps/minute, yoga - I usually count it as 5000 steps per 90 minutes, but add or subtract depending on the class. The book counts it as 50 steps a minute, but I would only use this for super easy classes. If you cut out savasana, most fairly active yoga could count as 75 steps per minute (as a side note, don't let this discourage you from yoga - I used to not do it that much because of the low calorie burn - yoga has so many benefits). Weight training = 100 steps per minute. To compare, walking at 3 mph is about 100 steps per minute. It sure was nice entering in my 4+ hour bike ride, I had over 40,000 steps that day.

Anyway, today is yoga, bike to yoga, bike to pet store, and walk with husband. It's really not as much as is sounds. I also need to clean the house and get some yard work done - considering I had a dream last night that someone surprised me with some yard work. Sure was a nice dream :laugh:

Hoping to see WL today....
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    So, I really don't feel well today, so I'm taking the day off. No way can I afford to get sick this week. (big conference Fri/Sat/Sun.

Had a "that just might work. . ." idea on the Subway today. One day a week off seems like not enough, but getting two scheduled days off is hard for me to do. The idea occurred to me to have a three days on/one day off workout schedule. Workout for three days, and then have the fourth day be a day off. That way I don't have to "give up" any of my workouts (some weeks it will be yoga heavy/some weeks cardio.) I can still get my two weights workouts in, just moving where they're at. It's easy to get an upper body workout in at home.

I just find that I'm always fading by the fourth day, and useless on the fifth. I'm also recognizing that my day-to-day activity is much higher than it used to be. For example, today I walked to and from the subway (forty minutes total) carrying an 18 lb (approximate) backpack. So, in olden days that would have been considered a workout:tongue: . I'm mostly trying to avoid the random illnesses I've been fighting since October, and the exhaustion that leads to three days off in a row.

So, I'm working on my project and then calling it a day.:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    HI SBF-ers!!!!!!!

So good to see you all here and looking FABULOUS!!!! I am so impressed and SO happy to be back!

Okay, ready to jump back in with both feet! I've got a ways to go, but I'm feeling optimistic. The most exercise I managed on the boat (for those that don't know, I was on a ship in Antarctica for the past four months) was a yoga dvd about once a week. The lack of exercise combined with an atrocious vegan diet took a bit of a toll on me and I gained about 15 pounds.

Mary -- I was SO bummed about the vegan food. Was expecting lovely organic healthy options (true, I was a bit optimistic, considering that we'd have limited fresh stuff on the boat) and instead it was nasty carbs, oil and sugar. Picture eating white spaghetti with a side of potatoes every day. They even boiled the rice in oil since our fresh water was so limited. BLEEEECCHHHH!!!!

The good news is that the show will be off the charts and I have a renewed appreciation for my life, having come very close to losing it a few times over the course of our "war."

My intentions today:
    * Sweat!!!! I'm heading to the gym and will tackle a cardio workout, starting back slow
    * Take my vitamins
    * Eat 4 cups of veggies
    * Walk for a mindful 20 minutes and think about all the things I'm grateful for!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    V-you read your body very well, but you still seem to deny yourself the rest you really deserve:frown:
    MM-colds are a drag

Monday goals:

1) Over in cals again..three days in a row, weekends and business meetings kill me
    2) Hydrate: Man I am not doing good with this one at all
    3) Three days exersise: Not today had to get caught up at work early start/late end
    4) 1 fruit/2 veg: One fruit and half a veg

Today I am sad with myself that I didnt make an effort, tomorrow will be a better day

Anne
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    V-you read your body very well, but you still seem to deny yourself the rest you really deserve:frown:

Today I am sad with myself that I didnt make an effort, tomorrow will be a better day

Anne

For me, it's striking the balance between pushing through my pain (pretty much constant, but low grade) and creating it. If I sink into complete inactivity (always a fear. . .) then my muscles get very stiff and sore. But, if I overdo it, then my muscles get very stiff and sore, and I get really tired. I actually really like all the varied workouts that I do, and giving any of them up in order to have two days a week (the same days every week) off would be too hard for me. I just re-did my April calendar to have a day off every fourth day. I'm pledging to stick to it. What I'm doing right now just isn't working. . .so I'm a work in progress.:tongue:

tomorrow will be a better day, anne.:happy:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Picture eating white spaghetti with a side of potatoes every day. They even boiled the rice in oil since our fresh water was so limited. BLEEEECCHHHH!!!!

:sick: Ick. Would it amuse you to know that I have a 'Say No to Scurvy' t-shirt? It has a little orange dressed like a pirate on it. :wink: It is good to have you back, WL!

MM & V - feel better soon. Anne - I hope tomorrow goes better. Try to find at least a little time for yourself amidst all the work! Your kitty is adorable, by the way. :flowerforyou:

OK, it is nearly bedtime. My pedometer says 13453, but that was from actually wearing it during aerobics class. I think I will subtract out the 5000 steps it logged and do the conversion instead (35 minutes * 150 steps is already more that that, and that doesn't count the 20 minutes of ab work). I still need to do my pushups, brush my teeth, and go to bed. :yawn: Good night!