Replies

• Becca308
    Becca308 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for the recipe ideas!
  • bluehenjen
    bluehenjen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Check out http://www.snack-girl.com for recipes for both yourself and your kids.

If they're available in your area, I highly recommend Western Bagel's Alternative Bagel (I can buy them in my local grocery store and they're also available for purchase online). They're 110 calories per bagel but with 7 grams of protein to keep you full. One of those with an egg white or even a bit of low-fat cream cheese makes a perfect breakfast.

I also agree with the poster who said that if you go to McD's, get the Egg McMuffin. It's not a bad choice at all! (Just don't get the meal unless you can resist the hash brown, which I cannot.) The Jimmy Dean D-Lights with egg whites and Canadian bacon are an easy fix in the microwave and come in at 210 calories. They have preservatives but you can recognize most of the ingredients so I think they're acceptable.

I hard boil a ton of eggs every weekend and use them in a variety of ways. If you get tired of traditional American breakfast foods, have some hard boiled egg whites, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, and feta cheese stuffed inside a small toasted pita pocket.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not a breakfast idea, but what about making your lunches the night before to save time in the mornings?
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!!!

I'm also looking into steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot!!!
  • pamssister
    Options
    Great tip, thanks!
  • mummyv811
    Options
    Just made the Breakfast Muffins mentioned earlier... mine contain
    Red Pepper
    Bacon
    Mushroom
    Onion
    Courgette
    Cheese

They look so good! I hope they taste good too :happy:

Edited - Boo I can't get the picture to work! :frown:
  • Jdubmarie
    Jdubmarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH for the ideas! :D I'm going to have a well stocked freezer soon. Loving the breakfast cookie too :)

And yes, I SHOULD make lunches beforehand, but that'd involve being not-energy-sapped and organised, so not my thing ;) lol I suppose I should start. :p
  • mindy2185
    Options
    bump