McDonald's Has Their Jared

Options
2»

Replies

• Clarecbear82
    Clarecbear82 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Surely eating the same type of any food for 15years wouldn't do you much good I once saw a man on tv who only ate cheese and crisps he was in pretty poor health too.

As for letting a two year old eat nothing but nuggets there is definatly something wrong there. I have 3kids 7, 3 and 14months and yes they have been to maccy ds on the odd occasion (youngest just gets a fruit bag and maybe some bread off my ohs burger). But there is no way they would eat there everyday as much as my oldest would love it!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    they have some show on TLC about people who have weird food obsessions... there was one I saw where this lady ate ONLY popsicles (one specific kind) for 15 years. she, unlike this McDonald's girl, actually WAS obese though (and crazy?).

I take it it's more of a psychological disturbance than just pickiness though. how could it be "normal" to only want one thing?? I ate a hard boiled egg for lunch every day of my elementary school years and I'm STILL sick of them.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree that she mother should have put her foot down when she was 2 but by the same token this kid seems proud of her addiction and at 17 should know better herself by now. If the hospitalisation doesn't wake her up then it's her own fault if she ends up in a worse situation.
  • Arachnapheria
    Arachnapheria Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree that the mother should have put her foot down when she was 2 but by the same token this kid seems proud of her addiction and at 17 should know better herself by now. If the hospitalisation doesn't wake her up then it's her own fault if she ends up in a worse situation.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    This story makes no sense at all. So your telling me since age 2 who parents couldn't control what she ate? Also how isn't she 1000 lbs.?
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    and also what was she doing taking her kid to maccy ds at 2 years old?! There is no need.

Funny because I was thinking this too! :smile:
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Have you guys seen the email about the McNuggets? Nasty....

http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    I thought I was the only adult on the planet who admitted to liking McDonald's. : ) When my boys were little, it was a great place to take them to run off some steam in the winter when it was too cold to play outside. So they would have their 4 chicken nuggets and their small fries, and then spend hours playing on the playland while I caught up with friends. None of my boys have weight issues and they all eat what's put in front of them. I think you just need to have some amount of sense about these things. And yes, that girl's problem is her parents and of course it isn't McDonald's fault!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    It comes down to this:

Its totally the moms fault for letting her daughter dictate what she would and would not eat. I don't have kids but if I did, they certainly would not be picking out their own foods at 2 years old. Basically "Sit at the table until you eat your green beans" type thing. Now that's shes older, its becoming her responsibly. I would feel slighted by my mom honestly.

McDonald's is just... gross. So are the chicken nuggets from the store. I cant imagine eating that crap, even a couple times a year. Maybe we should suggest that she watches Food Inc. That's what did it for me years ago and the thought of that food makes me sick to my stomach.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It comes down to this:

Its totally the moms fault for letting her daughter dictate what she would and would not eat. I don't have kids but if I did, they certainly would not be picking out their own foods at 2 years old. Basically "Sit at the table until you eat your green beans" type thing. Now that's shes older, its becoming her responsibly. I would feel slighted by my mom honestly.

McDonald's is just... gross. So are the chicken nuggets from the store. I cant imagine eating that crap, even a couple times a year. Maybe we should suggest that she watches Food Inc. That's what did it for me years ago and the thought of that food makes me sick to my stomach.

Everyone should watch Food Inc. ;)

And right after I posted about the MSM that McDonalds uses it looks like they have claimed to quit using it lol. Doesn't change my opinion of their food though :P

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/31/10282876-mcdonalds-drops-use-of-gooey-ammonia-based-pink-slime-in-hamburger-meat
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only adult on the planet who admitted to liking McDonald's. : ) When my boys were little, it was a great place to take them to run off some steam in the winter when it was too cold to play outside. So they would have their 4 chicken nuggets and their small fries, and then spend hours playing on the playland while I caught up with friends. None of my boys have weight issues and they all eat what's put in front of them. I think you just need to have some amount of sense about these things. And yes, that girl's problem is her parents and of course it isn't McDonald's fault!
    ^^^^^
    and THIS...
    As for McD - the food is fabulous!
    That is why they will always make tons of money - even in the worst of times.
    The whole world loves McD!
    The key, like anything so great tasting, is moderation.

Of course the food Nazi's hate McD, but they make up about .00001% of the market.
    Nobody cares.....
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    why is that ***** so thin?!?!?!?!! I want to be on that diet and be her weight!!!!
    oh and btw- that's really sad and kind of gross. Mmm whole wheat bagel and light veggie spread!
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options

Yep, love McD's. I've been really into their salads lately. The bacon ranch one is just YUM and I don't feel deprived after. What I really like is at least in Cali they no longer give kids a large portion of fries, it's a small one with a side of apples. Both my kids love apples because of this... they think they're getting away with something. We do the same with the playland on rainy days there's not much to do with little kids around here and it's a nice resource for them to blow off steam. I want to encourage proper eating habits but not deprivation.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Such a shame, she is such an attractive young lady as well. What a waste.
    Wait, would it be ok if she was ugly?